TK 102b Won't turn off (on?)

Reaction score
I purchased a TK 102b gps tracker (after throwing away $25 on a lesser device) and it seemed to work great for about a week in testing. I still haven't flown it.

However, now when I put the battery in, the green light just stays on forever (instead of turning off after 40 seconds of syncing, following by a blink every 4 seconds), and the unit no longer responds to any texts or calls. It worked fine, and then the next morning, steady green and no function.

Any suggestions from the experts out there on how to fix this? I really like the idea of the security of a tracker on my Vision 2. I have an ATT sim card in there, and everything worked before.

Unfortunately, I can't get any commands to it. With the battery in, the light is on constantly, and it does not reply to calls or texts. With the battery out, of course, it's just dead. Very frustrating, as it worked great for a few days. I've checked all the pins and connections, and they all seem good.

I'm trying to recall correctly- but I think that a solid green means sims card not present [or seated properly}]

I have that app, but I can't get the green light to turn off, which the manual says it should after about 40 seconds, then blink once every 4 seconds. For several days, it did just that, and worked. Now, when I put the battery in, the light stays on, and the unit will not respond to any command send or call made. I'd love suggestions on what to do to break it out of this status.

Well, I think I may have figured it out, thanks to the help above. I believe I was not fully locking the SIM card in place. When I did, I got the blinking green light again. However, when I tried to call or text, it failed. A trip to the ATT store educated me to the fact that, while my plan was $5 per month, and I put $15 on the account, it still goes away after 30 days, and the minimum that can be put into the account is $10. So, my $5/month plan is actually a $10/month plan, which I can live with. So, hopefully, things are working.

or...

It stopped working again yesterday (steady green), and I played with making sure the card was properly seated, pins extended, etc., and no joy. Picked it up this morning, and, of course, was working again with a blinking green. Bizarre.

I've had my Drone Mods tracker for a month or so now. $5 a month unlimited calls. It works well as I test it daily to learn the ins and outs of the device. Came setup out of box ready to go. Has about 12 day battery life before recharging. About 56 grams. Seems well made. Has panic button on it.

Anybody else have problems getting the TK102 to turn off? I just bought one, the GPS functions work OK, but the on/off button does nothing. Can't power off.

I think I found my answer in another post: TK102B Instructions-Easy to Read | DJI Phantom Forum. It says the on/off button is disabled. Why even have it? Having to yank the battery makes it considerably less convenient for drone applications.

Sure does.
I have an TK102 AND a TK109B which is more of a round GPS. It has a working on/off button so I really like it but it costs about $20 more than the TK102.

However, I haven't yet seen or heard of a way to replace the battery on the TK109B....which is a minus.

Shopsmithy did you work out why the light remains green? I bought one of these 2 years ago and tried for the first time today, I activiated my SIM and tried the sim in another phone and it worked, I charged up the batteries on the GPS tracker, put the SIM in, and locked it in and put the battery in and I just get the solid green light no flashing. I have tried put the sim in multiple times, trying different pressures on the locking etc but still jsut green light no flashing.

Any help would be great

or...

It stopped working again yesterday (steady green), and I played with making sure the card was properly seated, pins extended, etc., and no joy. Picked it up this morning, and, of course, was working again with a blinking green. Bizarre.

I have this problem. I was told never to use the on/off button but to take the battery out. I decided to go against that because

A) it has an on off button
B) it won't do the screw threads any good by taking the tracker out the device every time as it's a tight fit into the GPS holder

I just turn it on/off when I need to. But the trick is to turn on the tracker outside. If you turn it on inside with no GPS I believe it just freezes on a green light

Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik