Tired of reading about cracks, send your P3 in already!

Reaction score
Reading about all these people having cracks in their P3 is giving me a migraine. Send your **** bird in already. It is the only way DJI will get the message there is a problem with the design (if there is one).

Do what you want but bear in mind they will never fix a problem if you don't put the burden back on the company.

jmho

Reactions: Richard in ky
Reading about all these people having cracks in their P3 is giving me a migraine. Send your **** bird in already. It is the only way DJI will get the message there is a problem with the design (if there is one).

Do what you want but bear in mind they will never fix a problem if you don't put the burden back on the company.

jmho
I think they are probably overwhelmed with the burden, so it is not going to get any better anytime soon if this is an original manufacturing issue, there could be literally thousands that will eventually have these issues, so we will be hearing about this when the P4 comes out. Get out the zip ties and carbon fiber reinforcing bases and whatever else others have used on this forum and just keep flying unless prepared for the long wait.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Sorry to say but screw DJI too. I bought mine 2 weeks ago, 54min flight time and I have cracks appearing on three arms. Been trying to contact them for almost a week. US DJI rep should be in jail.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I've been flying mine without issue. No cracks or anything observed yet but as other have mentioned it's not a matter of will the cracks appear but when. Thus I chose to purchase the UAV strong arm kit and just installed them to my bird. I hope in doing that I've eliminated that worry. Now onto other mods.

jmho

The fix is for you not to read about it

The problem is that it is a MAJOR problem. I had 3 P3P's and 2 had cracks and the new one 2 weeks old already had a chip missing by one of the motor bolts.

Reactions: johnp44
It's a lot easier to take it on the chin and buy a new shell and fix it yourself unfortunately. Once you've been dealing with dji long enough you'll know I'm right.

Reactions: johnp44
It's a lot easier to take it on the chin and buy a new shell and fix it yourself unfortunately. Once you've been dealing with dji long enough you'll know I'm right.

Though I've never priced one out it would suck to buy a new shell when it's their assembly that caused the problem? I agree that waiting for repair is not ideal but there are other options to repair it.

There are a few things you can try alright but my first choice would be to go to my dealer, pick up a shell and change it that day vs 8 week downtime at least.

Reactions: Fplvert
DJI have indicated they want me to send mine back but Im using it too much at the moment.. Ive dialled the attitude and the active braking down as I believe these features (esp the active braking) are putting too much stress on the motor arms which leads to the cracking.

I'll send it in when Im too busy with work to fly or at a deadline of a couple of months before the 12 month warranty period.

50 flights. 30 miles. 2 continents. Really rough weather. No cracks yet. If I do someday get some I will invest in some strong arm reinforcing pieces from UAV bits.

I'm tempted to buy a shell so I can dye it, then have it on standby in case I get any cracks(non yet)... or if I get bored and feel like swapping everything over.

50 flights. 30 miles. 2 continents. Really rough weather. No cracks yet. If I do someday get some I will invest in some strong arm reinforcing pieces from UAV bits.

30 Miles in 50 Flights? You've barely unwrapped your phantom. I didn't get cracks until a few hundred kilometres..

All on the same continent though.

30 Miles in 50 Flights? You've barely unwrapped your phantom. I didn't get cracks until a few hundred kilometres..

All on the same continent though.

Wow you must be one of those long distance fliers. I usually fly short distance and shoot purpose specific video. I thought I might just be lucky because others have reported cracks VERY early on (10-30 flights). But like I said, even if I do get some, the Strong Arm Reinforcements from UAVbits look like the absolute best way to redistribute the forces and protect the airframe.

Wow you must be one of those long distance fliers. I usually fly short distance and shoot purpose specific video. I thought I might just be lucky because others have reported cracks VERY early on (10-30 flights). But like I said, even if I do get some, the Strong Arm Reinforcements from UAVbits look like the absolute best way to redistribute the forces and protect the airframe.

You sound like quite the artist but 30 miles is VERY early, wait a bit longer and keep an eye out.

Reactions: Jeff48920
This just made me order the reinforcers from UAV Bits... not a bad price and figure it can't hurt...

Reactions: Jeff48920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31