Tips on Avoiding Interference / GPS Loss

Reaction score
Hi All,

Out flying today I had an almost constant warning of strong interference. This surprised me because if you look at the attached, I was on the shores of Lake Michigan with almost nothing around causing interference and VERY clear LOS to my bird. I also had a GPS loss at one point when the drone was 20 ft from me and it went into immediate A-mode, this surprised me because reviewing the log I had 13 satellites prior to this.

Tips?

Equipment: P3S with ARGtek Extender.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 451
Lot of iron deposits around the great lakes, superior especial. Could have been the location.

Hi All,

Out flying today I had an almost constant warning of strong interference. This surprised me because if you look at the attached, I was on the shores of Lake Michigan with almost nothing around causing interference and VERY clear LOS to my bird. I also had a GPS loss at one point when the drone was 20 ft from me and it went into immediate A-mode, this surprised me because reviewing the log I had 13 satellites prior to this.

Tips?

Equipment: P3S with ARGtek Extender.

Being from Grand Rapids, id like to see the video of gh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Lot of iron deposits around the great lakes, superior especial. Could have been the location.
Interesting point... the other thing about the great lakes is the unpredictable wind around it... my anemometer showed a peak of 10mph whereas HealthyDrones reported 18 mph sustained and 30 mph gusts.... the P3S handled it surprisingly well though

Being from Grand Rapids, id like to see the video of gh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Here's the link to the video. Working on a second one now with even better footage.. from a few days later.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31