Tipping forward on take-off after installing the H3-2D

Reaction score
I just finished installing the H3-2D and did the replacement MC Board method on my Phantom v1.1.1. Now that I've got it all back together and I attempted my first flight... The Phantom seems very front heavy on tak-off. Unless I go completely to full throttle and jam it into the air, it tips right over and crashes. Is that normal due to the weight of the H3-2D/GoPro? Is there something I can calibrate or adjust to improve the takeoff stability? I did recalibrate my compass after installing the new MC board.

I fixed the problem of my Phantom 1 tipping on take off by taking one of the rear props and swapping it with a corresponding one from the front. Make sure if you take off a black marked one you use a another black one and vice versa. This helped mine at any rate. Worth a try.

That would have no effect at all unless one of the props was damaged.

Ozzyguy said:
So are you saying I'm lying:). Just helped me thought it may work for you.

No, I'm saying that you are mistaken. If the props had different lift characteristics front to back, the craft would be unflyable.

There is no way these mass produced props produce exactly the same amount of thrust each. If you have no positive input then why chime in? Someone asked for help. I have real world input not just my opinion.

The reason I chimed in was to stop someone messing around moving props front to back to try to fix CoG issues.

OK, real world input.
Yes, the P1 is very nose heavy with the H3-2D and there's nothing you can do to really combat it. The best thing to do is as you have been doing, pin the throttle to the stop and get it up in the air as fast as you can.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been flying it more since mounting the H3-2D. It is definitely front heavy, but I pull down a bit on takeoff and slam throttle to full briefly and it reliably takes off without gaining forward speed too quickly. I wish there was a way to calibrate the weight distribution or something. I have considered altering the CoG, but I don't know if that will affect it the way I want.... any thoughts?

Here's a video I took the other night in South Haven, Michigan at winter Ice Breaker festival!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkuGAsIB2t8[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4