Tiny shell crack

Reaction score
Hey all

I use p3a. Never crashed. Never prop protection installed.

Today i noticed that under the motor side there is a small tiny crack appearing, between the blinking led and a screw.

Is there anything i should/can do?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you want, you can send it back to DJI and they will replace the drone shell for you. But that's not to say that the new shell won't also eventually get the same spider leg fractures elsewhere.

Some guys here use JB Weld | World's Strongest Bond or similar products and solve the issue at home. There are also reinforcing plates you can buy that screw on the bottom, using all six screws, on each arm. Similar to the snap on rotor guard bracket.
You may have plastic,
https://www.benchmarksupply.com/dji-phantom-3-strong-arm-reinforcement-plates.html
Or aluminum ones..
Aluminum Motor Base Reinforcement Plate for DJI Phantom 3

Good luck.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
You could use electrical tape around the arm, possibly some kinda glue, if its under warranty return it or buy a new shell and transplant the parts over.
Hahaha, my turn to snicker. Tape? Some kind of glue? Or Transplant the parts. . .

Thanks. I needed that..

RedHotPoker

Did the same with my Phantom 1 lol whats the issue? Running repairs over 2 years and its still flying today :D Maybe he needs a Lume Brick? :p
That arm is taking stress everytime you fly the drone, the crack/s can only get worse over time or with crashes.

Last edited:
But its tiny. Can it cause trouble?
Is it worth sending it to dji? Cuz i still have warranty.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app
You could wait it out, nearer to the warranty deadline, then return it.
When they send it back, add the plates to the new shell.

Seriously, not an issue unless the motors are coming loose and it threatens disaster.
Clear nail polish. Some guys drill a tiny dremel hole on each end of the crack to prevent it from spreading then use the Plast-aid® multi-purpose repair plastic for your repair solutions. or whatever.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
6b8266f71f09d08649e2006c5034e6f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4