Time lapse

I've only done 1 before. Wind conditions weren't the best but was quite happy with the result. I just left it hovering for about 15-20mins and then edited it down to a 15 second clip.
Mine was filmed with a P3S

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JWH
I recommend using an app such as Litchi and waypoints. You can set up waypoints and automatically take a photo at certain times. Having the Phantom move every slowly while getting photos makes it's movement less jerky.

I have the same question but a time lapse over a few months. Can I put together a video from a bunch still shots? Thinking of taking the same pic via the litchi app at the same spot every other day or so.

Is it that easy? I've done them on a raspberry pi so the concept should be the same. Anyone with experience have any tips?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: NoWheels498
I have the same question but a time lapse over a few months. Can I put together a video from a bunch still shots? Thinking of taking the same pic via the litchi app at the same spot every other day or so.

Is it that easy? I've done them on a raspberry pi so the concept should be the same. Anyone with experience have any tips?

Thanks

I would like to do the same thing. Getting ready to start construction on my new house and would like to capture the entire progress over this several month period month.

Sent from my SM-G925V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is it easy? Nope. If your position is even a foot off each time it will look like a jittery mess.

I've only done 1 before. Wind conditions weren't the best but was quite happy with the result. I just left it hovering for about 15-20mins and then edited it down to a 15 second clip.
Mine was filmed with a P3S

To steady the video post, try Premiere Pro's warp stabilizer.

Reactions: stevenc93
For the construction project. I would set up a raspberry pi with a camera and have it take 10 pics a day for as long as you like.

Google raspberry pi time lapse. Isn't all that difficult if you follow the directions and know a little about computers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik