Time Lapse Photography

Reaction score
Hello all. I've had a P3(DJI GO app) for a while now and I'm still exploring some of the features. Right now I'm trying to do a time lapse (over a few months) series from around 250' of a site.

When doing this, I assumed that the best way to replicate the same angle for the picture would be to set up a waypoint mission, one waypoint directly over my head, and one at the location I'd like the picture from, so that the bearing was the same consistently over the next few months. Then I just need to match the tilt of the camera and I'd be all set. When doing this I am limited to 3 waypoint missions, which means I need to come up with a new method to do the fourth one that I'd like. Is this really limited to 3 waypoint missions, and is there a better way I can be doing this? There has to be a smarter way to do this than sitting out in a field with my laptop trying to match images.

I thought about doing one mission, but there is no way to have it hover at each waypoint that I've seen. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Try the litchi app. I'm pretty sure you can set a time for it to hover at each way point. You can also save the mission and fly the same one everytime you go there. You can also change angles while at waypoints and take multiple pictures. Seems like litchi would be better for what your trying to do.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the response. I tried the Litchi app today and it ran the mission perfectly, but took no pictures. I tried a bunch of lengths to pause the UAV with a picture scheduled afterwards. I've done two more since then with the same result. I cancelled the running status of the DJI Go app before doing so and checked after. What am I missing?

I had it set that way on the mission hub. Just discovered that the app can override that and cause it to curve the points. Once I found that out it ran smoothly. Thanks guys!

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi All
The young lad is flying a P3S using DJI Go....no experience with other Aps/platforms
He wants to time laps the building of a house across the road from us - prob take photos at the corners of the house and maybe one or 2 mid point shots on each external wall
The ideal plan would be to set up a "mission" based on 4 sets of co-ordinates (perhaps corners of the building site) and then set altitude for the mission. Ideally set the location where the pics have to be taken from too (perhaps automating the taking of the pic is a step too far lol)
Any ideas??

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik