Time between 107 app and hard copy license?

Reaction score
For others that have a Part 107 license, how much time elapsed between submitting your application through IACRA and actually getting your cert number? I was given a temp cert within a week, but it's now been over six weeks and the app status is still showing "registry - DOCS pending". Of course this means I can't apply for any waivers (which I need completed by spring) because I don't have a cert number to use.

For others that have a Part 107 license, how much time elapsed between submitting your application through IACRA and actually getting your cert number? I was given a temp cert within a week, but it's now been over six weeks and the app status is still showing "registry - DOCS pending". Of course this means I can't apply for any waivers (which I need completed by spring) because I don't have a cert number to use.
I was less than a week away from the two month temporary certificate expiration.

Reactions: AyeYo
Exactly 2 months from the test date for me.

Jesus. That's crazy. Good thing I hurried up to take the test.

You'll learn most everything we do with the FAA states an "Estimated" time frame of 90 days. Plan for the worse case and you'll be golden when it comes through early.

For a while there, most of us were getting our hard copy license in exactly 8 weeks.

AD

Last edited:
Go to Airmen Certification and read the "news and highlights" box right at the center. It will tell you which week of applications the FAA is processing. They update the information weekly.

Don't forget to print out your temporary certificate at the IACRA - Federal Aviation Administration web site. With that you are legal to fly under FAR 107 before your plastic card arrives.

As for waivers, the instructions say use "pending" for certificate number on the application. Hopefully their instructions are correct. Happy flying!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07 and AyeYo
As for waivers, the instructions say use "pending" for certificate number on the application. Hopefully their instructions are correct. Happy flying!

Oh! Didn't even notice that. Maybe I'll give that a try while I wait.

I got my waiver no problem with "Pending" as certificate number on the application.

I have 7 pilots in my program at work. All of us have taken 8 weeks to get the plastic

Go to Airmen Certification and read the "news and highlights" box right at the center. It will tell you which week of applications the FAA is processing. They update the information weekly.

Don't forget to print out your temporary certificate at the IACRA - Federal Aviation Administration web site. With that you are legal to fly under FAR 107 before your plastic card arrives.

Thanks RedBusDriver - got 2 days to go before they process mine - so looks like they are still ~ 8 weeks to send out hard copy cert in the mail.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20