Tilted/slanted Horizon P3A

Reaction score
Had a flight 2 days ago and noticed that the horizon was tilted slightly. Because it wasn't too bad I didn't take any action at that time. This morning I had another short flight from my deck which is approx 8' above ground level. When the ac was approx 10 metres from me, heading directly away, I could see an obvious tilt of the ac itself. I landed and checked the IMU CALIBRATION and it reported that calibration was not needed. I performed an IMU calibration anyway and did another short test flight. It appears that the ac now flies level, however I have not yet checked the video. I know that the tilted horizon has been discussed ad nausea however, if this helps someone maybe one more thread isn't a bad thing. Just make sure your surface for the IMU calibration is perfectly level in all directions. Cheers

The ac will tilt as needed when there is wind. AC tilt should not cause a tilted horizon. You are mixing two different things.

The ac will tilt as needed when there is wind. AC tilt should not cause a tilted horizon. You are mixing two different things.
There was no wind, conditions were dead calm and after the IMU calibration it flew perfectly level. The horizon is also now level.:)

Thanks for you input. What you're saying has merit. Maybe it was some sort of glitch that resolved itself coincidentally with the IMU calibration. Cheers

Well awesome if it resolved the problem for you. I haven't been lucky with both of my phantoms and done all sorts of calibrations on level surfaces. The issue always creeps back in the moment you fly and make a few turns let and right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4