Tilted horizon frustration

Reaction score
I know this is the Phantom forum, and I love my P4, and I love flying it. It's an amazing piece of technology. BUT...I hate the often and frequently tilted horizons, and so many YouTube vids I see from a P4P have tilted horizons as well. Come on DJI. You guys are so awesome, but the horizon is 'what the man sees', and this man is sick of seeing it tilted. And, by the way, I have not seen one tilted horizon on a video captured with an X-Star. Just saying...!

On your remote, rotate the top right dial while holding button C2 in on the back of the remote, it will change the tilt

Yeah, I know about that. Thanks though. It is a great tool for still photography, but the issue there is the 'twitch' that results in video footage requiring a crop during post, and it does not stay level for long in my experience. I guess my gripe is that DJI got pretty much everything right with the P4 - and now P4P - with this one glaring exception.

I always set the horizon level via C2-right dial for the preferred direction.

But often it is titlted in the other direction which is difficult to fix in post:

In my last Litchi mission I tried to fix the latter half of the footage and added a cross dissolve in between at the turning point (I didn't want any cuts to the video). But it looked so horrible that I removed the edit and let the horizon stay tilted in latter part of the video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj