Tilted horizon fixed? (test are welcome)

Is always better to do gimbal autocalibration when and where done imu calibration. Gimbal works using imu sensor as you know.

I played with some firmwares lately, thats why I repeated a cold imu calibration. At this point we're in the same condition, then which are yours DJI GO gimbal settings?
I've never touched them so I assume default, although I have adjust the smoothness and tilt speed. And no, for me I will never follow up an imu calibration with a gimbal calibration. I haven't done that yet and as you can see, it hasn't affected the gimbal. With this one, I won't tweak a gimbal that doesn't need fixing.

I've never touched them so I assume default, although I have adjust the smoothness and tilt speed. And no, for me I will never follow up an imu calibration with a gimbal calibration. I haven't done that yet and as you can see, it hasn't affected the gimbal. With this one, I won't tweak a gimbal that doesn't need fixing.
Until you'll be sure that imu calibration is well done on a perfectly level surface you will not need gimbal autocalibration. Then if one day you'll made a 0,1 degrees off imu cal a gimbal cal will be needed...

I don't remember which are the default values

Until you'll be sure that imu calibration is well done on a perfectly level surface you will not need gimbal autocalibration. Then if one day you'll made a 0,1 degrees off imu cal a gimbal cal will be needed...

I don't remember which are the default values
Well, yeah but I know better than to do an imu calibration on anything other than a level surface. I use a level and check all plains for level before I do such things. I feel for people plagued by horizon tilt. I hope your suggestions help. I also hope that the gimbal tweaks in the latest firmware helps somehow, too.

Well, yeah but I know better than to do an imu calibration on anything other than a level surface. I use a level and check all plains for level before I do such things. I feel for people plagued by horizon tilt. I hope your suggestions help. I also hope that the gimbal tweaks in the latest firmware helps somehow, too.
Do you notice improvement in 1.8 firmware?

I upgraded to 1.8 just to see if it would fix the gimbal issue but it has made no difference in mine. I did some video at lunch that I'm waiting on youtube to process and I will share. It shows mine being perfectly level for a lot of it but it you watch all 2 minutes of it you will see that it sometimes is tilted to the left and sometimes is tilted to the right and sometimes is level. All from turning in the air and then going straight and hovering.

I upgraded to 1.8 just to see if it would fix the gimbal issue but it has made no difference in mine. I did some video at lunch that I'm waiting on youtube to process and I will share. It shows mine being perfectly level for a lot of it but it you watch all 2 minutes of it you will see that it sometimes is tilted to the left and sometimes is tilted to the right and sometimes is level. All from turning in the air and then going straight and hovering.
Did you tried to do what's in the op?

Did you tried to do what's in the op?
Yes. The gimbal looks fine and everything's straight when you first take off. But as soon as you do some turning, it tilts the view one way or the other. If you spin it around in the air enough, it will straighten back out.

Yes. The gimbal looks fine and everything's straight when you first take off. But as soon as you do some turning, it tilts the view one way or the other. If you spin it around in the air enough, it will straighten back out.
Dji go settings? Pitch 100% and disable synchronous follow?

And here's the first one I shot before that one if you want to look at it. It's almost 5 minutes though. But here it is if you want to look at it for the tilted gimbal issue:

It's difficult to judge in that kind of terrain, anyway it doesn't look so bad to me now...
I would say that if hard yaw brings it on and it's fine otherwise, don't sweat it. No one wants to see that hard yawning anyway. But if if gets out of whack even flying moderate to slow and smoothly, where it really makes it tough to get full usable shots, that's something else to consider.

Whichever way it's tilted, if I yaw (turn) the opposite direction enough it will straighten it out or make it tilt to the other side. Almost like it's too loose or something.

I would say that if hard yaw brings it on and it's fine otherwise, don't sweat it. No one wants to see that hard yawning anyway. But if if gets out of whack even flying moderate to slow and smoothly, where it really makes it tough to get full usable shots, that's something else to consider.
The gimbal warranty is only good for 6 months. So I was wanting to see if I could get it fixed under warranty while it's still covered.

Reactions: Oso
Here's one I shot at the lake, if you get about 3 minutes into it, you can look at the skyline meeting the earth and see how it's off on one side.

All phantoms have this issue. Even P4. That's why imho there is nothing to be repaired (obviously I'm talking about birds that never hard landed/crashed/flew with gimbal clamp on) and nothing dji can do.

I've seen ZERO raw 10 minutes video of phantoms flying where the horizon line is clearly visible performing turns that shows a perfect leveled gimbal. Most of people that think that they don't have the issue is because or they don't notice it or because they fly where the terrain make it difficult to see.

I have 2 P3 Advances that absolutely do not have the issue, never have. I had a P3 Pro that did and I sent it into DJi twice and they could not fix it. So it can be a mechanical issue.

Reactions: StevenQX
I have 2 P3 Advances that absolutely do not have the issue, never have. I had a P3 Pro that did and I sent it into DJi twice and they could not fix it. So it can be a mechanical issue.
They should replace parts to fix it if you sent them 2 times...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4