Tilted gimble

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 tumbled off the golf cart seat and fell about two feet to the ground. The only apparent damage was to the camera/gimble. It now points about five degrees to the right and is tilted so the horizon video shows a noticeable tilt. I’ve tried all the normal adjustments and though it does seem to correct the tilted horizon, temperorially it always returns tilted after power off. I am considering taking it apart to see if anything inside the assembly can be moved back into position but I certainly don’t want to do more damage!

Can anyone advise on what I should do or how to do it? Returning it to DJI is not an option.

Thanks everyone
Jim
WA5TEF

My Phantom 4 tumbled off the golf cart seat and fell about two feet to the ground. The only apparent damage was to the camera/gimble. It now points about five degrees to the right and is tilted so the horizon video shows a noticeable tilt. I’ve tried all the normal adjustments and though it does seem to correct the tilted horizon, temperorially it always returns tilted after power off. I am considering taking it apart to see if anything inside the assembly can be moved back into position but I certainly don’t want to do more damage!

Can anyone advise on what I should do or how to do it? Returning it to DJI is not an option.

Thanks everyone
Jim
WA5TEF
Oh no bet mad you angry,yip open it up,this is a picture I find from ""how to centre a camera "".looks like something can be adjusted there,,hope this helps ya
20180827_182732.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Or try gimble calibration like this picture shows,this another picture showing how to centre camera,,can't say I have tried this but might save a minor tear down
20180827_183644.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Isnzone! Thanks for your reply. I’ll give those a try. All seems to work ok, just crooked. I had intended to open it up eventually to see what happened internally but hesitated at the thought of doing serious damage to the gimble.

Thanks again
Jim
WA5TEF

Isnzone! Thanks for your reply. I’ll give those a try. All seems to work ok, just crooked. I had intended to open it up eventually to see what happened internally but hesitated at the thought of doing serious damage to the gimble.

Thanks again
Jim
WA5TEF
I had the same problem do you also get a gimbal overload message

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1