Tilt output on NAZA board - servo compatible?

Reaction score
Morning, all!

I have a pair of multi's, a Phantom and an F550. My big bird has a Tarot, which I have all hooked up for tilt control, but I want to have tilt capacity on my Phantom without adding the weight of a brushless gimbal. My idea is to use a micro servo to tilt the camera through a 20 or 30 degree arc.

Is the F2 port on NAZA compatible with a servo (just plug it in and it goes?) I could tear into it and try it, but I'd prefer to save the effort if its not going to work.

Thanks, everyone!

SubHuman said:
Morning, all!

I have a pair of multi's, a Phantom and an F550. My big bird has a Tarot, which I have all hooked up for tilt control, but I want to have tilt capacity on my Phantom without adding the weight of a brushless gimbal. My idea is to use a micro servo to tilt the camera through a 20 or 30 degree arc.

Is the F2 port on NAZA compatible with a servo (just plug it in and it goes?) I could tear into it and try it, but I'd prefer to save the effort if its not going to work.

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, just plug the servo into the F2 and you'll be good to go. (of course you'd have to change the limits and settings in the Naza software.

that's how many of us got by before brushless gimbals became the norm.

you might be able to find a few cheap 1-axis gimbals on goodluckbuy.com

Yeah I ordered some small servos to plug into the outputs. With a simple pan and tilt mount from hobbyking totalling about $36 with an anti vibration mount from ebay.

Hi, first post but have been lurking for a bit...I've tried six different ways from sunday to get a servo to work on both F1 and F2 on my NAZA, been reading and searching for the answer but still no luck. Gizmo, what settings were you set in your NAZA software? And where you able to manually adjust either pitch or roll? FYI I have the gimbal set to on, and I can see my slider move on X1 when viewed in theGUI. Thanks for any help

choppa667 said:
Hi, first post but have been lurking for a bit...I've tried six different ways from sunday to get a servo to work on both F1 and F2 on my NAZA, been reading and searching for the answer but still no luck. Gizmo, what settings were you set in your NAZA software? And where you able to manually adjust either pitch or roll? FYI I have the gimbal set to on, and I can see my slider move on X1 when viewed in theGUI. Thanks for any help

It should work. tho maybe you need to adjust the mhz setting.
But you should see some kind of action coming out of both F1 and F2. (with gains set to 100)

the NAZA will send out a signal to attempt to stabilize the servo's, but you would also have the ability to manually tilt/adjust out of the F2. (not for F1)

Post pics or a video of how you have it wired in, and also make sure the gimbal is on in the assistant software . . .

I use a servo gimbal, worked fine pretty much straight out (had to rev direction but that was from the way I installed it)

Well problem solved...it was a junk servo. Picked up new one at Radio Shack, plugged it in and all good.
Gonna have a little fun now...

Attachments

• IMG_20131113_140714.jpg
    IMG_20131113_140714.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 657

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik