tilt mod

Reaction score
ok guys, I have looked at this site and vids to the point that i do not know the true answer, many conflicting reports. If i want to add the tilt slider pot to my transmitter, will it disable the function in the vision app? I would purchase the new transmitter but see no need to spend $100 when I can spend $10. I do not like the lever on the bottom. Has anyone cracked open a new style and noticed what type tilt wheel they have used? This wheel pot should be obtainable from somewhere.

The pot is an ordinary one, but it's attached to a custom mechanism. Some folks have hacked PS2/PS3/similar game controllers and used a joystick from it (just one axis).
Some folks just hacked a spring onto an ordinary lever. Lots of possibilities abound.

If you select "Upgrade" transmitter in the app, it should allow either the app or the knob to control the tilt. Since both are relative, they can work together. You can't have an absolute control work at the same time as a relative control, though, since they can conflict.

Installing the tilt lever is not hard by any means. If you have the latest firmware, the problem is that it's hard to get the lever positioned in the middle to make the camera stop moving. The wheel on the new controller naturally rests in the middle, so it's not an issue.

DJI is apparently working to revert the change that is preventing the lever from working when "Transmitter Version" is set to "Basic Version" in the Phantom Assistant application. Only time will tell if they are actually fix it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers