Tilt drifting problem

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Zenmuse H3-3D (Phantom2 version). When I tilt the camera down just a little, the camera tilts down but doesn't stop.....it keeps drifting downwards. It also does the same thing when I tilt the camera up a little, the camera moves up but doesn't stop, it keeps drifting up slowly. Btw I'm running a phantom 1 with an upgrade board and a DJ6 controller. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Did you try the re-calibration of your transmitter in the Assistant software?.... specifically your tilt knob/lever?

Sounds like the gimbal is on relative mode (upgrade mode in the phantom assist 3.6 software). This mode is designed for the tilt dial that has a return to centre knob. Return to centre = stop.
Your lever needs to find centre for the tilt to stop moving.

Mako79 said:
Sounds like the gimbal is on relative mode (upgrade mode in the phantom assist 3.6 software). This mode is designed for the tilt dial that has a return to centre knob. Return to centre = stop.
Your lever needs to find centre for the tilt to stop moving.

If this is the case go into assistant and change it back to the older transmitter version (for lever) not knob..

Thanks for the information Mako79 and CactusjackSlade. Someone told me to reset the H3-3D. I did and now when I turn my phantom on, the gimbal doesn't work but the green led is on and if I hook up my gopro...the fpv works. Now I think I have to by a H3-3D GCU to be able to update the gimbal so the assistant recognizes it. "scratches head"

jimbo96744 said:
Thanks for the information Mako79 and CactusjackSlade. Someone told me to reset the H3-3D. I did and now when I turn my phantom on, the gimbal doesn't work but the green led is on and if I hook up my gopro...the fpv works. Now I think I have to by a H3-3D GCU to be able to update the gimbal so the assistant recognizes it. "scratches head"

Try shorting it
Shorting the Zenmuse H33D to Reset: http://youtu.be/g6muuPwcp_4

Mako79

I did this several times and no luck. The gimbal doesn't show up.

Attachments

• 20150125_125940.jpg
    20150125_125940.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 437
Look here:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31441

Mako79 said:
ThePhantom said:
Hey QYV, I was afraid that might happen with mine, but went with it anyway. Mine was successful though. Here's what I did, and I did it again before posting to make sure:

Computer: Phantom Assistant is already running, USB unplugged from PC.

1. Turn Tx on
2. Using scissors, connected the 2 metal points from the H3-3D
3. Turned Phantom on, it initializes but H3-3D doesnt, it just plays dead but LED on H33D turns Amber (if not amber then that means the connection was not there)
4. While the Phantom is ON, I connect it to PC via USB cable. It then gets detected by the Assistant Software and then I do the FW upgrade. I do not click OK after the upgrade.
5. I power cycle after the upgrade is complete (put a gopro in it before doing so) and then it successfully initializes together with the Phantom 2.

Let me know if that works for you.

Champ mate!!!
I upgraded the firmware to 12 and it went limp. I tried it without the RC on and the phantom software running and failed.
Did what you said and worked a treat.
Thanks

Is there any lights on the back of the gimbal to show that there is power?
And did you re-read the link in the last post?
Are you running an anti-interference board? if you are, remove it and try again.

jimbo96744 said:
Mako79

I did this several times and no luck. The gimbal doesn't show up.

I noticed that your version of the assist maybe different.
Can you please download from the DJI site or click here http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... r_v3.6.exe

The picture you posted says "NAZA-M V2".
Mine says "Phantom" on the top left corner (I don't have my phantom plugged in as I don't have it with me).
Phantom%202%20assist.jpg

Yes the gimbal power is on (green led). I also re-read the link in the last post. I am running a anti-interference board. I will try and remove it and re do the process again.

I also tried running the Phantom 2 assistant but it doesn't sync with my Phantom. I guess because I have a phantom 1 with an upgrade board. I also disconnected the anti-interference board and did the hard-reset and still nothing.

Ahhh.
I think you may need to borrow a p2 non vision and plug your h33d in and reflash your gimbal firmware via the phantom assist software.

I'm going to try this method. After I get a H3-3D GCU im going to power it up, hook it up to the gimbal and then to the PC.....then run the zenmuse gimbal assistant and update the gimbal firmware. I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

Attachments

• 20150123_224012.jpg
    20150123_224012.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 410
jimbo96744 said:
I'm going to try this method. After I get a H3-3D GCU im going to power it up, hook it up to the gimbal and then to the PC.....then run the zenmuse gimbal assistant and update the gimbal firmware. I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

That will. You just needed a bridge so the PC can see the H33D. (I believe) you might need to download the GCU software also

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic