Tiger Motors MN2214

Reaction score
I mounted some MN2214s on my Phantom today. I also gave it some 9.4 inch carbon fiber props. All I can say is wow! This is a huge improvement over the stock motors and props. With dual stock batteries I got around 20 minutes of flight time.

I have the same setup, and it's great, but I always want to be sure people understand about the T-motors. The key benefit is that they are quiet, well-made, and permanently lubricated with ceramic bearings. But as for power and efficiency, it's really only a marginal improvement 5-10% at best. You might notice it, you might not. However they are much more efficient at turning the larger props than the stock motors are, so you get a sort of 1+1=3 synergy there with the larger CF props.

For me, the motor upgrade alone added no measurable flying time, but the CF props added perhaps 90 seconds to 2 minutes and a great deal more lift. If you use that lift to pick up another battery as the OP is doing, then I can see where 20 minutes would be possible on an otherwise unladen Phantom.

Kregh said:
Awesome...is that on a naked phantom?
Gopro? Gimbal?

No gimbal and no gopro. I am not going to put a gimbal on it but I am going to run FPV through a Gopro.

I bought a set of Tiger motors last month. I have not installed them yet as my stock motors are doing fine since I got my phantom in May.

I figure 2 more months of flying before it gets too cold and windy here in Northeast PA.

I will install the motors as a winter project.

I added Tiger Motors and it's awesome.

I'll need to compare it against the std. motors on my other Phantom for power and noise difference.

Fdnyfish said:
I bought a set of Tiger motors last month. I have not installed them yet as my stock motors are doing fine since I got my phantom in May.

I figure 2 more months of flying before it gets too cold and windy here in Northeast PA.

I will install the motors as a winter project.

It took me a good hour or two. I just cut the wires on the stock motors and soldered the tmotors directly to the cut wires. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers