Tiger motor Props

Reaction score
Hi guys i have order the tiger Antigravity motors for my pv2+. Do you guys know anything about the props CF 9 tiger motors is offering?? are they better than the stock on a pv2+?

Hi,

I don't know about the tiger CF 9 props but I have tried CF 9 props before on my stock motor for P2V+. It was really scary and I had 3 crashes in a row because of vortex wash! So please be careful yah!

Btw, I have since changed to Tiger Antigravity motors! Please be mindful that it has more power then the stock motors and you have to change the gains down before you fly. and take about 2 batteries to tune your gains again.

Since we are on the topic, anyone wants to share their gain settings for T Antigravity motors? I'm using version 3 of the motors and my gains are as follows:

Basic:
Pitch: 100%
Roll: 100%
Yaw: 130%
Vertical: 120%

Attitude Gain:
both: 180%

What's yours?

Hey so when i install the new motors i need to go in the settings and put the gains down right? i think i will use your settings and fine tune from there. Thanks for the advice. I was really close to buying the CF props but i will stay clear from that for now. Have you heard anything about these guys http://www.dslrpros.com/brands/dslrpros ... of-4.html?? I am reading a lot about CF props and getting reviews. Did you get them from a reliable source? are they balanced?

Sorry one more question . Any tips on the soldering of the new motors? the thought of having a loose wire freaks me out. any other advice on installation of new motors? how are you liking the tiger motors? any noticeable difference?

Hi,

After my experiences with the CF props. I have decided to stay away from them for my P2V+. I still use them for my other Quads (<1.2kg AUW).

I have also tried wooden props. Not too bad. Quite good though. Give you slightly better response for sport flying. You really got to know what you want to do with your quad. If you want sport flying, get a F450 flamewheel and install your carbon props. If you want to do FPV, I recommend the stock props. They are really good enough (Less the noise), and stable.

As for the T-motors, really easy to install. Yes, basic soldering required, just make sure your add some iron to your motor wire tips before your solder them on so as to get a better hold. Use a tweezer to hold your wire while you solder them on. Follow the leaflet picture that comes with the motors. They are all at 90deg from the motors. So that you can get your motor wires to tuck properly while you close the top cover.

An oh! since you at opening the Phantom and all, I strongly recommend that you add Alu-tape to shield the GPS. There's a topic on it. Basically, I bought Alu Tape from my local hardware shop, tape to cover the GPS and all. Then used a normal packing tape to tape over the alu-tape to prevent short circuiting. youtube link below. But they are using a 3M alu-flo thingy that I can't get in my country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31s6NDFUlA

I'm still getting use to my new motors, I have about only 12 flights since I got the new motors installed. Took about 4 batteries for me to get my basic liking from my tuning. Better performer, better climb, better timing ( about 3-5 mins depending on how you fly).

Hope the above helps!
Kenneth

Forgot to add, I just did the above shielding of GPS yesterday and did a test about 2 hours back. I'm staying a very urban place with building all round at 12-20 stories high! I got 7 Sats in 1 min!!!! I was only able to get 2 sats before! I normally don't fly there, I just want to max stress test the GPS! Wow! I was impress with my mod!

The only thing I notice after was that the top cover was slightly warmer then usual. But it was ok. So...as I said it was my first flight after the mod!......and ah..I was also using my newly acquired 5400mah batts.......

The T-motors (and props) are marked CW and CCW. However that refers to the direction of the threads, not the direction the motor spins. So there is a natural inclination to install the motors in the wrong position. The solder pads on the ESC are rather fragile, so be vey careful or you may pull one of them right off the circuit board. That happened to me, and I spent a rather frustrating long holiday weekend waiting for a replacement speed control to arrive. And the weather was perfect! Nuts!

I found the T-Motor motors and props to be noticeably more responsive, and delivering somewhat longer flight times. But at nearly $100 for a set of props, I'll probably not buy another set. Standard DJI props work fine. IMO most of the improvement comes from the motors, more than the props. I did not change any gain settings from the default settings.

DCGOO,

oh yah. That's one thing I forgot to add too. What I did was to take the stock props and ensure that they are turn in the same way before the installation process. I was rather patient with the soldering process too as the soldering made by DJI was really hard and took a long long time for it to melt before I could remove the stock wirings. I was careful and patient to ensure that it melt fully before I remove the wire and not pulling it. the wire closest to the motor is very close to some circuits so be mindful not to add to much solder as it may spill over and touch the circuits.

really,...? you used default settings? don't your bird oscillates? and that your cam is shaking like a belly dancer?!

Yes standard set up. it flies smooth as glass with no setting changes at all. Hovers in place, solid as a rock. I am running the latest firmware throughout.

can I ask what version of T-motors are you using? there are 3 versions...I'm using the latest version though.

Unfortunately, I am traveling this week and cannot advise. But, I've never messed with those settings, so all are set to factory defaults, whatever they are.

No worries! I will give the default settings another go tomorrow! Let you guys know the results I have again yah!

Thanks for the advice guys. I am curious to know how your tiger motor test with default settings goes !! keep us posted on that. I should be getting mine pretty soon here and i have never crashed my quad ( very careful) and dont plan to crash it anytime soon. I am not doing much sport maneuvering but instead lots of slow high altitude fpv. I will stick to stock props for now until someone proves me otherwise. Its nice out and im not wasting any of the sun by crashing and having to wait forever for parts.

Do you guys calibrate before each flight ? im startin to get annoyed with having to calibrate each time.

Will post my test with default settings tomorrow! (Weather dependent yah)

I have not crashed my quad, less the 3 times in a row with the CF props! And I have 5 batteries! Stick to stock props if you are only doing slow high altitude FPV.

YES! PLEASE PLEASE calibrate before you fly every day at that location! you don't need to do it for every flight! just the first flight for that location or I should say the first flight for every change in location. Majorities of the flyaways are all caused by the compass not being calibrated properly. If you don't want to lose your quad.......just do the 15 secs dance and you will be good! and if you can, don't take off and fly away straight away..... go into a hover and ensure all response are good before you fly. (just my 5 cents worth)

himo said:
Do you guys calibrate before each flight ? im startin to get annoyed with having to calibrate each time.

No. I only re-calibrate if I travel out of my local area which for me, means more than 50 miles, and that is probably not necessary.

Hi guys,

Just came back from the testing. Results as follows(at least for me);

Conditions: Cloudy with mild winds.

default settings: Basic P125 R125 Y120 V140 Attitude P260 R260

1. Hover was rock solid
2. very high freq oscillations.
3. Camera and gimbal was doing a belly dance! I was afraid that the oscillations will damage the gimbal!

Tuned down P n R gains by 10% at a time.

Till I got stable hover with very little oscillation noticeable. End state: P105 n R105. ( I may tune it to P100 n R100 which was my previous settings before trying out the default again)

I noticed that the quad didn't really hold attitude at center sticks so I increased the V gain to 150%.

So End state for me now is:
P105 R105 Y120 V140
Att Gain P260 R260

So himo, when you get your T-motors, please share your settings with us too yah!

hey Guys just got my tiger motors today. Mine are V2 not V3s. What is the difference anyway? im gonna install them today and test them. I have no idea where to start with the calibration. If i install them and keep default settings how do i know that it needs to be calibrated?? symptoms??

Bad soldering

Hi guys,

Ok, i think my attempt at installing the tigers was a complete fail. the motors dont spin!! now i am not even sure if its a fried ESC bad soldering. I have done 3 so far and non of them spin. Do i have to have all 4 connected for all of them to spin?? or should i stop and try to resolder the 3??What are the chances that i fried 3 ESCs?.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1