Tickled

Reaction score
A milestone: flight # 40.

Ok, upgraded to 3.2 despite my better judgement: no issues. No toilet bowl effect, no j hooking, but a still not quite as good as 1.08 for holding a perfectly stable position. Switched to ATTI, hit 47mph, went out to 1700 feet purely stock (FPVLR Stage 1 antennas on order), flew 2 full batteries (@40 min of flight time), screwed around with flying course lock and rotating the camera for a cooler video shot as I pulled away.

Just had to report, the DJI P2V+ is performing flawlessly, and I have a S#it eating grin on my face!

My GPS locator should be here soon, so that will go a long way in soothing my flyaway fears. I still want to open the Phantom up and check all my connections are tight. Guess that will have to wait till the next rainy day! Despite all the worry, this thing makes me feel like a kid again.

After searching around. Srandall25 turned me on to this from Amazon. It's on it's way:
Vehicle Mini Realtime Tracker Tk102 For Gps/Gprs/Gsm Tracking System...

Be sure and check ALL the functions on the TK102. My clone would not work on GPRS so back it went. Ended up with a PocketFinder.

DrJoe said:

Ok, upgraded to 3.2 despite my better judgement: no issues. No toilet bowl effect, no j hooking, but a still not quite as good as 1.08 for holding a perfectly stable position. Switched to ATTI, hit 47mph, went out to 1700 feet purely stock (FPVLR Stage 1 antennas on order), flew 2 full batteries (@40 min of flight time), screwed around with flying course lock and rotating the camera for a cooler video shot as I pulled away.

Just had to report, the DJI P2V+ is performing flawlessly, and I have a S#it eating grin on my face!

My GPS locator should be here soon, so that will go a long way in soothing my flyaway fears. I still want to open the Phantom up and check all my connections are tight. Guess that will have to wait till the next rainy day! Despite all the worry, this thing makes me feel like a kid again.

So you are not activating the "Find my Phantom" on the vision app,, looks to me it would be accurate, or am I missing something that you are adding a second GPS tracker?

JWDrone said:
DrJoe said:

So you are not activating the "Find my Phantom" on the vision app,, looks to me it would be accurate, or am I missing something that you are adding a second GPS tracker?

If you crash your phantom and there is a power failure the "find my phantom" won't work (I'm assuming, awaiting arrival of my + today).

Correct. For example, your Phantom performs a flyaway. POOF. Gone. Maybe it crashed. Maybe the battery died, maybe it fell out of the sky 1500 feet away behind some trees and can no longer connect... either way, your Find My Phantom app is useless.

A small GPS tracker will provide a way to find that bird (or what is left of it) after a loss. Just an insurance policy against the scary # of flyway reports.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic