Throttle Down Mid-Flight Kill Motors?

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to the community here. Just recently picked up a 3 Pro. Still learning a lot. I did a search but results seemed to be mixed and some of the posts were from years ago. But my question is this.... Say you need to lower your altitude pretty quickly. Is it safe to hold the left stick all the way (straight down)? Or would this trigger the phantom to turn the motors off?

I'm sure this question has been asked before. So for that i apologize. But i just wanted to make sure before i found out the hard way. I literally had a dream about my drone falling out of the sky like this the other night.

Any help is appreciated.

Say you need to lower your altitude pretty quickly. Is it safe to hold the left stick all the way (straight down)? Or would this trigger the phantom to turn the motors off?
Yes, it's safe to hold the left stick in the full down position. The motors will not stop until the Phantom has stopped descending for 3 seconds.

A CSC is the only thing that will shut off the motors mid-flight.

I'm new to the community here. Just recently picked up a 3 Pro. Still learning a lot. I did a search but results seemed to be mixed and some of the posts were from years ago. But my question is this.... Say you need to lower your altitude pretty quickly. Is it safe to hold the left stick all the way (straight down)? Or would this trigger the phantom to turn the motors off?
Completely safe and the standard method of descending.

Thank you for the clarification!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj