Three major Phantom Vision Pilot Types...

THell said:
suggest adding a 4th type

the "this is total fun" - pilot type. for someone who is not a geek, not a photographer, and not an RC from back in the day... just someone who saw someone playing with one and decided that this was too cool to not have in his collection of "Man goodies" they approach things with open eyes and are fascinated by being able to launch and have fun with this new tech...

True dat- and I am thinking the "stereo vision" technology in this little gem may be something we see in the future as a feature, or mode selection on more advanced quads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPfD9l14Js

...sure would go a long way as a failsafe in crowded areas- **** cool tech.

Hiway said:
THell said:
suggest adding a 4th type

the "this is total fun" - pilot type. for someone who is not a geek, not a photographer, and not an RC from back in the day... just someone who saw someone playing with one and decided that this was too cool to not have in his collection of "Man goodies" they approach things with open eyes and are fascinated by being able to launch and have fun with this new tech...

True dat- and I am thinking the "stereo vision" technology in this little gem may be something we see in the future as a feature, or mode selection on more advanced quads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNPfD9l14Js

...sure would go a long way as a failsafe in crowded areas- **** cool tech.

**** that's cool

I am in the 2 and 3 area. I wish I was a better photog, but I am not. Still working on it.

Ahill, still remember the old days where all you had was a tail gyro, and none of the electronics that you have today. If I had the stuff then that they have now, I would have never got out of flying. The quadcopters are really helping me fly the helis as well.

Chuck

gunslinger said:
There are three major primary P2V owners.

Type 1)
The photographer who wants to expand his horizons and be able to shoot quality shots from the air.

Type 2)
The RC flier who loves the flight characteristics of the P2V and... It also shoots pictures!!!

Type3)
The TechnoGeek who loves all of the technology surrounding the P2V and works day and night to capture every bit and byte of any information pulled down from the Phantom's GPS module

If you consider every combination of the above primary three... it's pretty freakin' kewl to watch all of this go down.

Especially since I'm a lapsed photography student who still owns a "HoneyWell Pentax SpotMatic F" with a 1.4 lens, and an old RC pilot from back in the day, as well as a Network Manager.

If this ain't heaven, it's close enough to suit me...

Many cool peeps on this forum..

-slinger

Nice idea for a thread but sadly I believe that the majority of people buying a Phantom 2 Vision may not fit into either of the 3 categories. And if we're to use your three categories we would need to add at least 2 more to the list. (or 5 or 6 if you add the less common reasons for purchase)

My additional categories

1: *probably the main reason for most people purchasing a P2V* Loved the idea of being able to fly like Superman or a Bird since they were a child. The out of the box ready to fly P2V gives you some of that flying like a bird feel as you are in control of the Phantom and see where it's going through it's video feed making you feel the freedom of flight (kinda).

2: *Some similarities to reason 1* You haven't dreamed of flying per say, but you've often wondered what the world would look like from a birds eye view. Now you know with the easy ready to fly P2V

3: *another popular reason for P2V purchases* You're in real estate and find the Phantom 2 Vision a useful tool for photographing properties. You may not necessarily have had any prior interest in RC modeling, Photography or the like but find this a useful *and once they fly it* a FUN tool!

4: *this would be illegal* You're a paparazzi looking to get great candid shots that you could not once previously get.

5: *illegal depending on what way you use the Phantom to snoop* You're a nosey neighbor and use the Phantom to spy on your neighbor for the latest info and gossip.

6: *also illegal, invasion of privacy* You're a voyeur and like peeping through peoples windows for things you shouldn't be seeing.

7. *least likely reason * People who think it will be neat to use the Phantom 2 Vision for airdropping small packages once autonomous flight becomes available.

Anyway whatever your initial reason for purchase. After your first successful flight you probably got hooked for all sorts of reasons you may have never even expected. Regardless of what category we fit in. Have fun flying and happy new years!

BenDronePilot said:
gunslinger said:
There are three major primary P2V owners.

Type 1)
The photographer who wants to expand his horizons and be able to shoot quality shots from the air.

Type 2)
The RC flier who loves the flight characteristics of the P2V and... It also shoots pictures!!!

Type3)
The TechnoGeek who loves all of the technology surrounding the P2V and works day and night to capture every bit and byte of any information pulled down from the Phantom's GPS module

If you consider every combination of the above primary three... it's pretty freakin' kewl to watch all of this go down.

Especially since I'm a lapsed photography student who still owns a "HoneyWell Pentax SpotMatic F" with a 1.4 lens, and an old RC pilot from back in the day, as well as a Network Manager.

If this ain't heaven, it's close enough to suit me...

Many cool peeps on this forum..

-slinger

Nice idea for a thread but sadly I believe that the majority of people buying a Phantom 2 Vision may not fit into either of the 3 categories. And if we're to use your three categories we would need to add at least 2 more to the list. (or 5 or 6 if you add the less common reasons for purchase)

My additional categories

1: *probably the main reason for most people purchasing a P2V* Loved the idea of being able to fly like Superman or a Bird since they were a child. The out of the box ready to fly P2V gives you some of that flying like a bird feel as you are in control of the Phantom and see where it's going through it's video feed making you feel the freedom of flight (kinda).

2: *Some similarities to reason 1* You haven't dreamed of flying per say, but you've often wondered what the world would look like from a birds eye view. Now you know with the easy ready to fly P2V

3: *another popular reason for P2V purchases* You're in real estate and find the Phantom 2 Vision a useful tool for photographing properties. You may not necessarily have had any prior interest in RC modeling, Photography or the like but find this a useful *and once they fly it* a FUN tool!

4: *this would be illegal* You're a paparazzi looking to get great candid shots that you could not once previously get.

5: *illegal depending on what way you use the Phantom to snoop* You're a nosey neighbor and use the Phantom to spy on your neighbor for the latest info and gossip.

6: *also illegal, invasion of privacy* You're a voyeur and like peeping through peoples windows for things you shouldn't be seeing.

7. *least likely reason * People who think it will be neat to use the Phantom 2 Vision for airdropping small packages once autonomous flight becomes available.

Anyway whatever your initial reason for purchase. After your first successful flight you probably got hooked for all sorts of reasons you may have never even expected. Regardless of what category we fit in. Have fun flying and happy new years!

Can't argue with any of that. But the title of the thread is "Three MAJOR Vision Pilot types..." It doesn't say "The Three Vision Pilot Types... " :D

Reactions: dirkclod
[/quote]

Can't argue with any of that. But the title of the thread is "Three MAJOR Vision Pilot types..." It doesn't say "The Three Vision Pilot Types... " :D[/quote]

True, but I think points 1 and 2 probably fit the majority of P2V purchasers than the ones you posted. It we're talking about the major vision pilot types.

is there really a way to download flight informations from phantom vision? i need it for photo adjustments in photogrammetry software (location where the picture was taken x/y/z). if you can help me with this please send me a message. Thanx! ;)

You need one more. Making money ;) ……….. I shoot real estate (private homes) for a few realtors once in a while. Everyone of them wants me to use the Phantom to take aerial shots

How do you manage to make that non-commercial use of the P2V?

garygid said:
How do you manage to make that non-commercial use of the P2V?

You don't charge for the photo's ;) You can charge for travel time, photo editing etc…..just don't charge for the photos. Cash is always good also.

gunslinger said:
I fit in all 3 categories. I enjoy flying the Vision. I spent the entire time holding my breath while trying to hover my RC copter 20+ years ago hoping it would not crash and need 5-6 hours of repairs and rebalancing everything. Never got past hovering a few feet off the ground. I am completely relaxed flying the Vision and so far have never felt it was even close to crashing, always feels under perfect control..

Speaking for myself and several friends your post totally explains our love for the Vision! I think this could be one of the best sales pitches for the product! Well said,thx,
Moose

#1 & #3 here.... used to be rc driver some 20+ yrs ago, but never flew :)

I didn't realise what the GPS data referenced on #3 about... but I've just placed an order for Flytrex :mrgreen:

LeoS said:

I didn't realise what the GPS data referenced on #3 about... but I've just placed an order for Flytrex :mrgreen:

You're gonna love Flytrex, and the support is top notch. It's even more fun when used in conjunction with DashWare...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
LeoS said:

You're gonna love Flytrex, and the support is top notch. It's even more fun when used in conjunction with DashWare...

-slinger

Is Flytrex on Web Based? I was going to buy it for my new P2 but it looks like its all online???

FASTFJR said:
gunslinger said:
LeoS said:

-slinger

Is Flytrex on Web Based? I was going to buy it for my new P2 but it looks like its all online???

FlyTrex is a thing you install that records data. That data then can be sent to an online service, but you can also get access to the data in a local file in a format that is compatible with software like DashWare.

gunslinger said:
LeoS said:

-slinger

Ahaha **** you, just checked its webpage... really nice.. I'm buying it as soon as I have my flytrex installed then :D
*mumbles something about a community of enablers...*

LeoS said:
gunslinger said:
LeoS said:

-slinger

Ahaha **** you, just checked its webpage... really nice.. I'm buying it as soon as I have my flytrex installed then :D
*mumbles something about a community of enablers...*

:) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20