Those P2 ownders who preordered the P3 - Are you keeping your P2?

Will you keep your P2?

  • I will keep my P2

    Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I will sell my P2

    Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I will hand down my P2 to an acquaintance

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I'm not sure yet

    Votes: 7 18.9%

  • Total voters
    37
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
17
Just curious to see - I've pre-ordered a P3P, and currently have a P2V3+ v3.0. Not sure what I'm going to do; I'm thinking if I sell my P2 it would be for a decent loss.
 
Joined
Dec 28, 2014
Messages
575
Reaction score
157
Location
Canberra Australia
I'm considering a P3 quite seriously but might wait till the rush is over. I'll definitely keep the P2. I've sunk so much money and time into it, that I'd never get a fraction of that back, especially now as it will be seen as a previous model, and so just lost a heap of value straight up.
 

msinger

Approved Vendor
Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
31,304
Reaction score
10,445
Location
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Website
PhantomHelp.com
Selling your P2 for anything would really be a gain. Keeping it and never using it again would result in the greatest loss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gingericeman
Joined
Aug 9, 2014
Messages
408
Reaction score
69
Location
Warwickshire UK
Seeing that I had a P2V+ (V2) since last August with a spare battery - I sold it the day before the P3 release for $1000 as I knew the longer I waited the less I'd get for it...and I needed the money to get the P3 as I can't afford both!
 
Joined
Mar 23, 2015
Messages
93
Reaction score
17
Selling your P2 for anything would really be a gain. Keeping it and never using it again would result in the greatest loss.

That is true. I guess I wonder to myself if I might still fly it sometimes, or if someone close to me might want to. Maybe I'm kidding myself.
 

msinger

Approved Vendor
Joined
Oct 30, 2014
Messages
31,304
Reaction score
10,445
Location
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Website
PhantomHelp.com
Hah -- you're already planning your crashes ahead of time ;)
 
Joined
Sep 30, 2014
Messages
964
Reaction score
322
Location
USA
Mine wasn't really sold but returned. Since the the P3A costs less than what I paid for the P2V+ V3 it was a no brainer. I'd rather have 2 P3's than a P2V+ V3 and a P3 since that's what I'd have had in it to get an additional P3.
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2015
Messages
629
Reaction score
140
Location
Treasure Island, FL
I've gone back and forth on this topic - for now I've decided to keep my +v3 but might even cancel my P3P preorder and wait a bit. I think even with a P3P I would keep my +v3 and still fly it. Say, if I wanted a still image located in a precarious location, or video while flying under a bridge, or maybe adding a fisheye sequence to a montage of other videos...

...or, to have something to fly if either of my Phantoms goes on it's own journey...
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
213
Location
SoCal, USA
Yeah it is a tough call. But it might be nice to have the backup as @ednovanl says. Shoot I just got my P2 in January and didn't fly the maiden flight until later in the month after practicing much with the X5C.
 
Joined
Dec 31, 2014
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Lincolnshire UK
It's a difficult decision. I have an almost new P2v+ that I have invested a lot of time and money in as I've modified it to stage 4. I also have four battery's for it. I like the idea of flying long range and my P2v+ achives 3k easily now. I'm not sure the P3 will be able to achieve the same distance here in the UK as I was reading earlier that DJI are restricting the signal strength on P3's for EU country's?
 
Joined
Mar 17, 2015
Messages
65
Reaction score
57
Location
Oregon Coast
gonna keep my p2 vision + v3.0 Can't get much for it anyway. Hope to get the wife to use it. Additionally, if I wait 6 months or so for the P3 wrinkles to start getting resolved, my P2 will likely to have had a crash, fly away, or something by then. Just thinking, I know I am planning for the worst but it did give me some great video and taught me to fly. Not all bad.
 
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Age
30
Just sold my old P2V+ yesterday!
I'd bought it used a few months ago and sold it for the same price I paid for it, I guess I was lucky this time!
 
Joined
May 16, 2014
Messages
3,530
Reaction score
625
Location
Sydney Australia
My Vplus (with H33d and gopro mod) is almost a year old and still doing well. Problem with selling used phantoms is everyone thinks you've crashed them. I rather keep her than have someone accuse her of bouncing of the pavement or swimming with the fish or dancing with the branches.
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2014
Messages
54
Reaction score
12
Age
74
Location
Wadsworth, Illinois
Yes I'll Keep My P2 v3, but with all the promised features of the P3, I don't think I'll be using it much. Maybe I'll let a fried use it and get them hooked. Ordered my P3 on the 11th, going to be a long wait.
 
Joined
Mar 5, 2015
Messages
31
Reaction score
6
Keeping my P2 Vision + v3 and P2v2. Ordered P3Pro on day 1. I've been lucky with both my quads and had no issues despite having over 60 flights with them. I'll keep them just in case I do have problems with the new bird. I also get excellent still photos from my V+ so I may use it for that purpose and the P3Pro for video.
 

Buk

Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
710
Reaction score
49
Age
68
Location
Iowa, United States
May sell P-1 with Fat Shark goggles, no gimbal setup, but keep P-2NV, gimbal and iPad ground station.
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
721
Reaction score
142
Location
Ca
I just bought P3A with extra battery, expect to ship week of May 9th
I plan on keeping my p2v+ v1. I put a lot of money into it. I'm sure I won't get back what I put in if I tried to sell it ... not to mentioned seems to be a flood of p2v+'s in the classified adds in every forum...eBay etc...
 
Last edited:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
139,770
Messages
1,441,760
Members
101,508
Latest member
bhall5150