Those dratted screws

Reaction score
I am trying to install an antijello camera isolator mount on my P1.1.1, but the camera mount bolts are defeating me. They come with very very tight lock nuts and I just cannot get the little bolts through them with small Phillips head screwdrivers. I strip the bolt heads. I'm an old guy and my hands ain't what they were. Does anyone know of a solution to this, such as a Phillips screwdriver with a large ball handle?

Alternatively I've thought of trying to find similarly sized bolts, nuts and lock washers, but don't know if that would hold the camera mount securely.

Any ideas?

If you knew what size the screws are exactly, we could point you to some hex-head bolts of the same size that should work.

Are the nuts they provided nylok? (Nylon lining inside to prevent slipping)

I'm back from the local hardware store. Found No. 0 and No. 00 Philips head screwdrivers with much larger handles than the stupid thin-handled watch repair screwdrivers I tried this morning. If one of them won't work with my hands the original nuts and bolts (there are 3 left and I just need 2) I will go to Plan B: use stainless steel metric nuts, lock washers and bolts of the same size as the DJI originals. Found those at the hardware store too.

Don't know if the DJI bolts are nylock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic