Thomas The Train + Phantom 4 :-)

You stayed with that train for a long way. How far was it? What altitude? Did you have any control or video problems along the way? How much battery did you have left when you landed?

You stayed with that train for a long way. How far was it? What altitude? Did you have any control or video problems along the way? How much battery did you have left when you landed?

It was a 2 - 2.5 mile trip and I was parked on the right side of the road halfway through controlling the Phantom from the drivers seat. You can see me in a silver SUV half way though.

I was flying about 100 feet up and wanted to go lower but there were tons of power lines everywhere so flying lower and backwards was hard to do.

The video was pretty solid all the way with the large DBS antenna and 3w Boosters.

I can regularly fly 3 miles out while looking out my kitchen glass doors using this setup if I fly 400 feet up once I get out past 2 miles. Love the range I get with this setup, much better than the stock remote setup.

I had about 30% power left when I landed. I was flying around 10-13 MPH the whole way and there was a pretty constant wind the whole way which you can tell by looking at the tops of the trees. The Phantom 4 is so awesome for the money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl