This thing is amazing!

Reaction score
Got my first flight in my new Vision today! Wow amazing. I know most everyone on here is an experienced pilot or aerial photographer so it's second nature for you all...but for me it's all new. I can't believe how stable and easy to fly it is. I only have RC car experience and video game too which I suppose helps but I truly believe anyone could fly this within a few minutes. Now I'm not talking tricky stuff just basic. For me I got the feel pretty quick and look forward to getting smoother video and flight. I'm so stoked right now i'm giddy! This is the coolest thing I've ever played with. The last time I was this enamored by something techy is when the first iPhone came out. I'll post a few pics and short video later. Right now I have to go pinch myself..**** that was cool.

James

I had my maiden flight today too... I took it to a ballfield and did some touchy feely stuff with it. Then took it to my golf course and got a bit more daring....

Once the battery was low, I took it home, charged it back up and went back to the golf course. My highest flight has been 410 feet up, so far... and it was absolutely amazing!!!!!

I've always farted around with smaller, cheaper, choppers and used to have a few tethered gas engine powered planes, way back. I am SO stoked to get this thing back up into the air.

I shot some video and very quickly realize that I need to be a helluva lot smoother up there while shooting. I can also see the advantage of a ZENMUSE. This is my first serious drone. I know me. I'll keep forging ahead until I'm totally satisfied with the results. All in all... NICE JOB DJI!!!! I really LOVE this thing...

Wow! Got mine yesterday and was flying within an hour! Never ran an RC before(69 years before trying), so far it is amazing!

Got mine on Tuesday. It sure flies nice. But I am having range issues with the wifi. I lose connection about about 100 feet regardless of direction. Tried both my Iphone and ipad mini. Frustrating.

I just flew mine out in the backyard. We had winds at about 25 mph, and it flew very stable, a little more stable than my original Phantom. I am no pro, but the clarity of the camera seems to beat my GO PRO white edition. No jello out of the box.

I think it is a keeper.

This seems like a much more positive group. I like it. So I really need for DJI to release some props for this vision. I'm new and already chewed up a set..not bad but I can see there is a learning curve and I have gotten over confident a couple times. Hit a wall...no damage to unit it was slow and low but scared me. Also twice when landing on concrete it tipped over slowly and shaved the dang props a bit. Seems like the darn landing base is too narrow. I may be upgrading that in the future. Overall I'm stoked on it and look forward to more practice and fun.

James

vbluguitar said:
Got mine on Tuesday. It sure flies nice. But I am having range issues with the wifi. I lose connection about about 100 feet regardless of direction. Tried both my Iphone and ipad mini. Frustrating.

Did you figure this out? Seems like mine did not go as high as it could. Gave me a lost connection for a sec at around 200'. I thought i read something about an adjust screw that sets the altitude based on current regulations..? I think it's on the back...I might be talking out of my arse so I'll research it. I don't need to go over 400' (FAA regs in my area) but I would like to do that in altitude plus 300 meters distance or close to it eventually. I feel like its a Ferrari. I want to take it full speed but really can only handle it at 3/4. Eventually I will want it all and then some.

James

Thought I had a flyaway, was testing distance got to 300m and tried to return. Apparantly rotated 360 and it kept on going. Hopped in the UTV and went looking, did not find it. Turned around and headed back-there was the Vision landing from where it took off!!! :D What a machine!

dav5942 said:
Thought I had a flyaway, was testing distance got to 300m and tried to return. Apparantly rotated 360 and it kept on going. Hopped in the UTV and went looking, did not find it. Turned around and headed back-there was the Vision landing from where it took off!!! :D What a machine!

Excellent! Proof of concept! Incidentally, if you are flying far away use the "radar" screen (press the artificial horizon, bottom left). The red triangle will show you which way the aircraft is pointing so you can fly her back more easily.

dav5942 said:

Holy crap! Did you have to change undies after that? I would have! :lol:

Glad you got your property back safe and sound.

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik