This Community is Awesome!

Reaction score
Hello fellow DJI drone pilots,
I’ve been flying a Phantom 4 for about three years now and it’s been amazing. I‘m surprised That I’ve just found out about this community a few days ago and I think it’s great[emoji122]. Although my Phantom hasn’t given me much trouble, I still have some mild reoccurring issues. When the gimbal faces sunlight (ex: during sunsets) an obstacle avoidance message pops up on my screen and my drone will not proceed forward. I’ve gotten suggestions to turn obstacle avoidance off but I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated on this issue.

an obstacle avoidance message pops up on my screen and my drone will not proceed forward. I’ve gotten suggestions to turn obstacle avoidance off but I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that.
The front sensors will do that. There is not anything you can do other than turn them off if they become an annoyance. It is the manner that the sensors operate. There is nothing wrong with them.

Reactions: Phantom's View
Welcome aboard by the way.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Yip welcome from NZ
Yes turn OA off,no good at height, handy around those trees that Wana jump out but that it,

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

I’ve gotten suggestions to turn obstacle avoidance off but I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that.
Either that or flying in a different direction are the only workarounds. You can flip the flight mode switch to "S" to switch to Sport mode and quickly disable the sensors.

"First Timer"! A 72 year old guy that has always wanted to fly a Helicopter,
My DJI P4P (with Goggles) gives me that feeling. Everything working Great UNTIL "gimbel disconnected". For $1,400 + tax, I would not expect this Expensive Inconvenience within the First Year.
I Value being including in this community, where I believe will be "My First Stop For Help, Learning, Training".
THANK Everyone who contributes to "Raising The Level of Pro/Safe Pilots!"
Can anyone share on thesolution of "Gimbel Disconnected". I Re-Synced P4P to the Controller, I can now Fly, but Cannot Control the Camera. I capture video, but erratic camera moves, when I try yo positioned it.
Thanks for any tips, instructions, help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20