Third Party Charger

Any idea if it can used in a typical car inverter without damaging either the car battery or the DJI batteries?
Would it pull too much juice at once?

Any idea if it can used in a typical car inverter without damaging either the car battery or the DJI batteries?
Would it pull too much juice at once?

You can use one. It's pulls watts based on the number of batteries it's charging. Each battery pulls about 130 watts. So you'd need a 400-500 watt charger for 3 batteries.

Reactions: Jeff48920
That's not a bad price considering. There should be a way to run that unit off of 12 volts though for field charging.

Is that 4A per connector or total?

The DJI charger outputs max 5,7A @ 17,5V

I have been using a three-battery "hub" for a while, connected to the 100W DJI charger.
All batteries are charged at once, including the transmitter, not one battery at a time.
Haven't seen any problems with it so far, and no overheating of the charger.
I haven't timed it though.

The hub displays voltage and time remaining (don't know how accurate the displayed time is).

Edit:
It is 4A per branch, and a total of 12A. (210W)
I will definitely consider this charger if I get a fourth battery.

Last edited:
I have one and I timed mine with the 100 watt charger and it is 2.5 hours.

I just got one about a week ago for about $60 on eBay. It works well. Charges at about the rate of the 57W charger. The video shows his connectors don't have a cover, but mine came with rubber caps for all three plugs. Maybe the newer ones come with the caps.

Quick review of the third party battery and controller charger:

I use short lengths of some surgical tubing I had laying around my shop. I did get one spark when I was setting up after I had just received the charger and figured that I could probably manage without some sort of protection on the output pins but then thought better of it :rolleyes:

Here's a quick pic. of what I'm trying to describe:

L1060556.JPG

For those wondering, yes you do get 4 amps per battery charge lead.

:harry

So essentially this is a 17.5V 12A power supply.

Correct. ALL DJI P3 "chargers" are really just power supplies delivering a specific voltage and current capacity.

The P3 batteries have inherent balancing technology as well as the ability to record charge history, and to provide real time battery status.

I try to remind myself of all this when I spend $149 for a battery for my P3P ;)

:harry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj