Thinking of selling...

Reaction score
I have apparently tanked my Phantom 3 Professional while attempting to update the firmware. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail and DJI said I would have to send it in for repairs. It still fires up, rotors spin, there is just no signal from the camera to the screen. I tried putting the camera on another bird but it would not connect on that one either. Anyway, with the new Phantom 4 having just been released I am thinking instead of paying for a costly out of warranty repair just trying to sell it for parts. It's only been flow a few times and never crashed. Anyone ever done this with any luck or am I just wasting my time.

I have apparently tanked my Phantom 3 Professional while attempting to update the firmware. I have tried everything I can think of to no avail and DJI said I would have to send it in for repairs. It still fires up, rotors spin, there is just no signal from the camera to the screen. I tried putting the camera on another bird but it would not connect on that one either. Anyway, with the new Phantom 4 having just been released I am thinking instead of paying for a costly out of warranty repair just trying to sell it for parts. It's only been flow a few times and never crashed. Anyone ever done this with any luck or am I just wasting my time.

Lots of people sell their Phantoms for parts on ebay... It's not going to fetch a whole lot though since the camera is one of the more expensive parts... sorry for your troubles :(

Wow! The firmware update trashed your setup? To be sure there's a way to reflash the system so you can start over.
I hope someone on this forum can help you out. Seems a shame to just part it out at a loss.

Go here and download the dji factory.bin file. you can then re=-flash with any firmware
DJI Phantom 3 Firmware

"Format your sd card from your computer, not the pilot app.
Place the .bin file from inside the MVOM0F.zip file on the card in your Phantom 3 and power it up.
You will hear 4 beeps in a row, this will go on for several minutes.

When you hear 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps it's now safe to turn off the Phantom."

I followed this, but after the 4 beeps it went silent and the status light just flashed red.

So my Phantom has been sitting in the garage since March, just for the heck of it I pulled it out yesterday and attempted to update it to the current firmware. It went quite awhile before it resulted in the steady red light and incessantly continuous beep. I thought at first it didn't work but when I connected it to the remote and checked the firmware it showed firmware version 1.9.6 and was no longer asking for an upgrade. Unfortunately, there was still no signal from the camera to the screen, but not will record video and take pictures. I took the camera from my working P3P and attached it and it worked with no issues. So, apparently the camera is the only thing I need to replace now. I have recalibrated the IMU, gimbal and such and bought a brand new pair of propellers at Best Buy. Now I am about to take it out for a quick flight to see how it does. Hopefully it will work with no further issues.

Everything worked great and it flew like a champ!! Guess I can just get a new camera for the other one and then decide what to do with one of them.

I was almost going to ask if you connected the USB from the controller to your tablet. :)
Going from the P3S to the P3A, sometimes I forgot to connect the USB cable and I'm thinking in my head, WTF and I doing wrong?! Then I go, "oh yeah, lol" o_O

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl