Thinking about upgrading to a pro or advanced

Reaction score
I have a P3S and I love it and will be keeping it. I would really like way more range and possibly a better refresh rate on the camera. Since I already have two batteries I think a P3P or P3A better fits my budget than a P4. Another thought I had was if I crashed and broke a camera, is a P3S camera compatible with a P3P or P3A. I would assume not the P3P but maybe the newer P3A that has the 2.7k? Does anyone have any input on this?

I have a P3S and I love it and will be keeping it. I would really like way more range and possibly a better refresh rate on the camera. Since I already have two batteries I think a P3P or P3A better fits my budget than a P4. Another thought I had was if I crashed and broke a camera, is a P3S camera compatible with a P3P or P3A. I would assume not the P3P but maybe the newer P3A that has the 2.7k? Does anyone have any input on this?
In case you crash, a P3S camera definitely does NOT fit on a P3A/P3P.

The P3S camera is only compatible with the P3S.

I fly both the standard and the pro. Unless you need 4 k video and have or plan to have something to play it on get the advanced. The only differences between the advanced and pro is the camera.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

to make a long story short. ive ben obsessed with getting better range and a more reliable solid connection for my p3s . i started with the fpvlr and dbs antennas then unsatisfied with both. i then bought amps and boosters to put on both my uav & remote 2.4 & 5.8 and things got much better. i even mounted (wire ties & duct tape) the ps3 fpvlr antena kit and mounted it to the back of my bird and dbs on my remote and amps on both.. lol.. it looked pretty neat actually . that worked well for one or two flights as long as the birds *** pointed at me i hit a mile with that setup. i almost had a stroke waitin for the bird to rth. butt after putting about 12-1500$ in antena upgrades into it. i had a remote that weighed as much as a 18 pack hangin on my neck. so for a couple nights earlier this week i hunted a nice new p3 pro down on ebay for 641$ with free shipping ! i opened it up around 6 tonight and flew a mile past my $2000 p3 standard from my couch on my big screen tv.. so do your self a favor and search "p3 pro open box" or "dji liquidation" or sum thing similar and ya might find a good deal. anyways im sure in a few days 2 miles wont be enogh either

Reactions: Ricky81385
to make a long story short. ive ben obsessed with getting better range and a more reliable solid connection for my p3s . i started with the fpvlr and dbs antennas then unsatisfied with both. i then bought amps and boosters to put on both my uav & remote 2.4 & 5.8 and things got much better. i even mounted (wire ties & duct tape) the ps3 fpvlr antena kit and mounted it to the back of my bird and dbs on my remote and amps on both.. lol.. it looked pretty neat actually . that worked well for one or two flights as long as the birds *** pointed at me i hit a mile with that setup. i almost had a stroke waitin for the bird to rth. butt after putting about 12-1500$ in antena upgrades into it. i had a remote that weighed as much as a 18 pack hangin on my neck. so for a couple nights earlier this week i hunted a nice new p3 pro down on ebay for 641$ with free shipping ! i opened it up around 6 tonight and flew a mile past my $2000 p3 standard from my couch on my big screen tv.. so do your self a favor and search "p3 pro open box" or "dji liquidation" or sum thing similar and ya might find a good deal. anyways im sure in a few days 2 miles wont be enogh either

I'm in that same boat now. Debating on antenna upgrades or a p3p. Thanks for the info!

Bye bye P3S sold today, welcome P4 ordered and paid in full today to be delivered in three weeks, I hope.
And grounded.

Yup, Just got me a P3P today. Charging it now! After some research here I discovered that the live view video feed on the P3A was only capable of 2 mbps vs the P3P 10 mbps. Between this and the 100w charger, I decided to stop overthinking it and just buy it.

Should've got the p4...[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

While I'd love a P4, I think the P3P makes the most sense for me as I'm keeping the P3S. 3 interchangeable batteries. That's a plus for my wallet. I actually like the P3 look more than the P4.

OMG! The signal strength is amazing! Did 9576 feet today with full signal. Only turned back because it was my first distance test flight with this bird. I know that distance is nothing to brag about compared to others on the forum but going from the standard to the pro is a way different experience when it comes to signal.

Happy flying kingfisher. When I get a little more brave (and maybe a tracker) I would like to max it. I have a feeling that battery life is going to be the limiting factor for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj