Thinking about getting a DJI and need your help!

Reaction score
Hey all. Just been learning to fly a quadcopter with a Blade 180QX and loving it and want to get a DJI Phantom 2 but without the vision2 or vision2+ camera as I heard the gopro hero3 is best. I do want fpv goggles instead of the monitor. I was watching a youtube video and the guy used a iOSD Mini, H3-2d Gimbal and ImmersionRC 5.8G 600mw. I was curious if I could use goggles instead of a monitor with that setup? Also is there better options? I already have a gopro3. Any help is appreciated. Thanks all!

Yes, something like Fatshark goggles would work with the ImmersionRC TX and iOSD mini. It's up to you if you want to fly with goggles or a monitor... really just your personal preference. Goggles give a great FPV experience. I prefer a monitor because I am frequently switching between looking up at the phantom and looking at my monitor. Depending on how much money you have in your budget, I recommend the H3-3D vs the H3-2D (you will really appreciate that 3rd axis). I own the Phantom 2 and a Phantom 2 Vision+ and you are making the right decision going with the Phantom 2 with GoPro.

Awesome thank you. Also if I got that 2d gimbal setup for the gopro 3 can I still the video feed to the dji app on my android phone?

wpgubaru said:
Awesome thank you. Also if I got that 2d gimbal setup for the gopro 3 can I still the video feed to the dji app on my android phone?

The DJI app only works with the Vision and Vision+. The Vision models have a digital video signal, wifi booster, and 2.4ghz video. You can only use a smartphone or tablet with the Vision.

The Phantom 2 requires you to build your own FPV setup and most people go with 5.8ghz (the controller on the Phantom 2 uses 2.4ghz). With the Phantom 2 you use a monitor or goggles... not a smartphone. The video signal is analog so you will get fuzz on your screen the farther you fly away (rather than totally loosing the video signal like the digital video signal the Vision uses).

I live in winnipeg manitoba canada. And crap. There is a company that made a cable to use a gopro with the vision app but I dunno I just want a cost effective way to add fpv. Its one expensive hobby but I wanna get into it :)

Cr8tive_leo said:
wpgubaru said:

Yes, if you use Lightbridge.
You are right. I just assumed he wasn't going to spend $1,400 on the lightbridge. Seems pretty expensive for the $650 Phantom platform.

wpgubaru said:
I live in winnipeg manitoba canada. And crap. There is a company that made a cable to use a gopro with the vision app but I dunno I just want a cost effective way to add fpv. Its one expensive hobby but I wanna get into it :)
Hmmm I wonder how this works... do you have the link?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers