Thinking about buying a P3s

Reaction score
So I was playing with my JXD 509g first time really playing with and I really enjoyed it. But then I said to myself this video quality really sucks and I want to do more. Always wanted a phantom 3 but it was out of my budget. So I went on YouTube to watch videos and came across a video that said "best drone under $500. Come to find out the price went down on the phantom 3. So I surf the web and the best price I found was B&h photo having it for $480 shipped. Did some research and found out that the price went down because the Phantom 4 is coming out soon. What do you think I should do wait on the the P4s or get the p3s?
7dae40c998a11bf8d389eafa44cdfb6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm usually the guy who wants the latest and greatest and also the best that you can get. I decided on the standard and I am extremely satisfied with my decision.

Reactions: twisted1504
Always wanted a phantom 3 but it was out of my budget.

Twinny - if the P3 before the price reduction was out of your budget - the P4 is gonna bankrupt ya LOL - rumoured price for the P4 I saw was $1,700.00 USD.

Grab the P3 and enjoy it - neat looking little bird you have there - nice pic!

I went with the P3S since this is a new hobby area to me. I was able to get it at a awesome price so it was hard to pass up. I've been very happy with it and will look to upgrade later down the year. Also I'm curious to see what GoPro is bringing to the table.

You began by saying the Phantom was out of your budget until it went below $500. The P4 will be well over $1000 so unless your budget has expanded there's your answer. The P3 Standard is a very capable machine. It's an upgraded Vision+ at less than half the price. The stock range is over half a mile & for under $200 you can get out to 1.5-2 miles or more. The camera is decent as well. You can also get it now. It may be several months before the P4 (assuming there is one) becomes available.

So I was playing with my JXD 509g first time really playing with and I really enjoyed it. But then I said to myself this video quality really sucks and I want to do more. Always wanted a phantom 3 but it was out of my budget. So I went on YouTube to watch videos and came across a video that said "best drone under $500. Come to find out the price went down on the phantom 3. So I surf the web and the best price I found was B&h photo having it for $480 shipped. Did some research and found out that the price went down because the Phantom 4 is coming out soon. What do you think I should do wait on the the P4s or get the p3s?

I'm kind of in your situation but I'm really eying the Phantom 3 Advanced or the Professional and thinking of maybe the Phantom 4. But whatever I decide will be after the announcement and I would encourage you to do the same thing...

Even though the odds are you'll be getting a P3S anyway, it's not a long time to wait two weeks at least. I'll probably get the Professional but definetly not before the announcement.

I never seen a true press release that phantom 4 is coming. Can you post a link? Ok. I found a link here and it does say. Not if. But when.

http://www.dronesplus.com/news/dji-phantom-4-rumors/

Last edited:
So I bought the Standard just now from BH photo thinking about playing with it first then go about getting whatever $200 antenna to extend my range. Now I am playing the waiting GAME.

So I bought the Standard just now from BH photo thinking about playing with it first then go about getting whatever $200 antenna to extend my range. Now I am playing the waiting GAME.
Congrats on the phantom. I'm not sure about a mod now. Before I wanted to. But that was before I got over 7k feet on my standard remote.

Reactions: Bob8619
I have a phantom 3 standard that's 2 months old with 3 batteries I'm selling, it's like new in the box

I have a phantom 3 standard that's 2 months old with 3 batteries I'm selling, it's like new in the box

Wish you had mentioned that earlier how much do you want for it I will see if my brother is interested.

$625 package deal comes with 3 batteries

Congrats on the phantom. I'm not sure about a mod now. Before I wanted to. But that was before I got over 7k feet on my standard remote.

Not getting that MOD now going to play with it first and see how I like the distance.

you can get argtek mod for 74.00 off amazon when your ready easy to install no drilling

Reactions: jason thomas
have mine coming but people on here said getting 1 to 1.5 miles

have mine coming but people on here said getting 1 to 1.5 miles

That is impressive. I got about 500m out the other day and lost total video feed. I think its cause it was cold, starting to snow, and i had a decent amount of trees between me and the machine...what do you think?

I'm getting around 1650 feet stock in neighborhood lots of trees and houses

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31