Think i bought my drone the wrong time of year :(

Reaction score
Thinking I may have picked the wrong time of year to buy a drone ! The weather in Scotland has been non stop rain and high winds :( It has been sitting in its case for 3 full weeks now. I got it at the start of October and have less than 2 hours on it ! Hopefully this weather will pass and get some nice still winter days even snow would be better at least once that has fallen its usually pretty calm and could get some nice footage.

Im concerned about my battery though, As i said i last used the drone 3 weeks ago i had an idea the weather was about to take a turn for the worse so i ran the battery to 50%, will the battery be ok or after 3 weeks should i be thinking of charging it and having a fly around my garage or something !

Same in England too - dark gloomy days and windy . Set your alarm for when the frosty mornings come .. nice and sunny - can be superb

Bloody British weather! I'm in exactly the same boat, here in Wales! I've also just bought my new P3S about a fortnight ago and the weathers been so bloody bad, I've only had the courage to make a brief 30 M high, up and down flight. I've even managed to upgrade my aerial system to a DBS 01 upgrade whilst I've been waiting a break in the weather. Also been using the waiting time to read up as much info as I can Digest. Hopefully will save me some potentially expensive mistakes when I do get my bird up. So excited, I've thought of nothing much else in the last fortnight.

Same here too British Weather is so bad only used mine for 4 flights in the last four weeks so much heavy winds here.

Thinking I may have picked the wrong time of year to buy a drone ! The weather in Scotland has been non stop rain and high winds :( It has been sitting in its case for 3 full weeks now. I got it at the start of October and have less than 2 hours on it ! Hopefully this weather will pass and get some nice still winter days even snow would be better at least once that has fallen its usually pretty calm and could get some nice footage.

Im concerned about my battery though, As i said i last used the drone 3 weeks ago i had an idea the weather was about to take a turn for the worse so i ran the battery to 50%, will the battery be ok or after 3 weeks should i be thinking of charging it and having a fly around my garage or something !
Keep your battery at 50% charge while storing and waiting for your good weather. The batteries won't have any issues as you store them at that charge. Never leave a battery charged too long and check through the battery life threads in here for some pretty good advice. Hope u r up and flying soon!!!

Sent from my PT beating heart

Mark I have the same problem, flown it one since I got it. So buying lots of extra instead and then waiting for some good weather.

Guys fly over to San Francisco :)

Down in Surrey it's pretty bad too. Braved it at the weekend in a very empty field. Took it up to about 50m but at full throttle it wasn't going anywhere. It was ok sub 20m but I quickly landed it.

Down in Surrey it's pretty bad too. Braved it at the weekend in a very empty field. Took it up to about 50m but at full throttle it wasn't going anywhere. It was ok sub 20m but I quickly landed it.
Ha! That Just about summed up my weekend too! - seems to be predicting better weather - This weekend though [emoji120]

Lets see -- the last 30+ days -- Full of sun shine and clear blue skies. Arizona has the best weather, except the 3 months we are in HELL.... Enjoy...

Ha! That Just about summed up my weekend too! - seems to be predicting better weather - This weekend though [emoji120]

Guys I am in that boat too here in the UK, I have just bought a P2V had it four weeks and never got to fly it yet, got it out of the case it came in and all was ok when i tested it Iset it up and it was ready to fly and I could see my video footage on my iphone.... but I then decided to change my extender for a new one with an aerial mod, ever since then all I get on it is Phantom failed to connect on my iphone/ipad.
I have read lots of posts and tried everything thats been suggested all to avail, so its back in its case till I get time to try it again.

Then last week on a whim and feeling sorry for myself I went and bought a P3P on a great deal, drone plus two batterys, plus a hard shell back pack case. Again all setup and ready to go but can't because of the weather and being a complete novice having never flown each one yet.

I am new to all this but I am trying to read up and watch youtube videos to get some familiarization n the drones so that I have confidence when the weather here in the UK is good enough for me to try my first flight.. I worked on fast jets for years so cant wait to have a go..

Flack

Hi Flack, Sorry to here about your P2V aerial mod problems. I would try and give you some advice, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm as new to this as you are. Reading through the forum, I found loads of advice on how to upgrade my P3S aerial system with a DBS 01. Got the job done last Friday and as the weather was so bad I decided to test it out by leaving my P3S in my bedroom window and driving to a location 3K away (in fair line of sight of my P3S) - taking my modified R/C with me. Got a good Wi- Fi signal and was able to totally control it - despite the lack of altitude and far from perfect line of sight. Once the weather clears and wind dies down, I'll be looking forward to testing out the range for real However; it'll be slowly, Slowly, until I build up the experience and confidence to push the boundaries.
glad to hear you've now got a new P3P. From what I read, it's a great pice of kit! Keep us updated on how your first P3P flight goes!

I'm on the same boat, Purchased a P3S on holiday in New York on Thursday. Arrived back to Scotland on Saturday to the same horrible weather! Closest I've been to flying is powering up the rotors in my flat. I'm to scared to fly it indoors haha! I keep checking the weather every few hours[emoji20]

Hi Clive will do mate, I need to get the P2V fixed as well as soon as I can..

stevenc93 I am the same with the weather it might be ok this week end if the cold weather moves, we might have some clear skies to fly them.

Flack

Yup....Me too...Can't wait to get out and fly this thing!

beerfridge-vi.jpg

Your all spoiled, at least you have had flights, as brief as they were. Im in the UK and my P3A hasn't event left the house or ran with props yet.

Same here in France. I have seen the sun the past three Saturday's or Sunday's, and by the time I've got my shoes and jacket on and the bird out, either the wind, rain, or both kick up. I really think someone doesn't want me to fly this winter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31