Things you learn on location

Reaction score
This was a two day shoot, one being indoors and one being outdoors. I used the steady grip and camera from my Yuneec Q500 for the ground work and the P3A for the aerial. I was actually really pleased that my extensive planning paid off and in hindsight, there was only one thing I'll remember for next time in a similar situation- more phantom batteries. I brought three and used all of them up. I left my fourth home because I swore I wouldn't even need three batteries out there. Wrong, lol. I barely had enough juice left to do the final pull-away drony shot and I got the low propulsion warning doing it- close call. In editing, I learned that although I shot oodles of drone footage- only about 30 seconds of it made it into the video. It's about having way more than you need and being able to choose the shots that work, while the rest lays on the cutting room floor, so to speak, lol. I edited it, so you can imagine how much I wanted to get in there but being objective, it wasn't about the overhead footage. It was really about the ground footage. I really, really contemplated getting an Osmo for this project but I've been happy with the results using the Q500 steady grip and camera and it did very well. I love the phantom so much, at least some of my yuneec gear is getting used these days! As usual, someone always insists on getting some of their video in there as well and when it's your boss, well, you squeeze it in, lol! Plan your work and work your plan. Nothing on location is overkill, that's for sure! This was a fun one!

Reactions: DAVEJF and Oso
I also only have 3 batteries but I have a big battery that I carry with me in the Jeep (the kind you use to jump-start trucks) that has 120v plugs that I use to recharge the Phantom batteries.. Using the higher-powered battery charger, they charge up about as fast as it takes to fly/drain one - so I virtually always have batteries..
I considered a Yuneec but went Osmo instead.. Too many bad reviews on the Yuneec.. Glad it's working for you.

Yeah, I got the Q500 before the phantom lat year. Nice bird, but no phantom. At least I can make use of it in some way though. I still want an Osmo and will probably get one.

Was the video made to give to the classmates? It really has no interest for the public in general from what little I saw. Seems like a personal video for the class members only... Good quality camera settings :)

Was the video made to give to the classmates? It really has no interest for the public in general from what little I saw. Seems like a personal video for the class members only... Good quality camera settings :)
This is a peek at the yearly seminar that people can watch when deciding to sign up for the classes. It will interest those folks each year.

Reactions: Reed L
Nicely edited video! The cuts synced with the music well. Ground footage was well mixed with aerial and Ken Burns'ed still images. As an outsider it was longish but it was so well made that I watched the whole clip.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik