Thin white horizontal line on video since 3.04 upgrade

Reaction score
A couple of days ago I installed the recent DJI upgrades on my Phantom 2 Vision and then took what I thought was going to be some great videos footage. Having just got home and filed off the video for editing I was disappointed to find there is a thin white horizontal line towards the bottom of the screen. It is present on all the videos taken after after the upgrade but is definitely not present on the ones I took before the upgrade.

I sent off a enquiry to DJI but no response yet - fortunately I am going to hold my breath for a reply!

I did some testing on this morning and came up with the following theory:
1. the upgrade automatically reset the video format on the FC200 camera to 1080i 60;
2. I can't remember 1080i 60 being a selectable option previously - perhaps the FC200 is simply not capable of handling this format (maybe the new Vision+ camera is);
3. If point 2 above is correct then perhaps then the white horizontal line is some sort of interlacing failure (I am not an expert in this area).

Resetting the video format to 1080p 30 now appears to have fixed the problem which seems to confirm my theory.

Has anybody else had the same problem?

See this video>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1R_9KOqvA

19 July 2014 Update:
DJI have replied to my query and confirmed that the 1080i 60 setting is for the Vision+ camera & the setting should be reset back to 1080p 30 - just as I thought.
I have suggested that DJI should in the next software updates again restore the automatic disabling of the 1080i 60 setting for non vision+ cameras.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj