Thermal imaging

ajr

Reaction score
I am looking for someone to install a thermal or multispectral camera on my p4 advance. I am looking to use it for animal rescue, we have a farm with cattle when calving, sometime, Mama doesn't do a good job at bringing them in. Thanks

I am looking for someone to install a thermal or multispectral camera on my p4 advance. I am looking to use it for animal rescue, we have a farm with cattle when calving, sometime, Mama doesn't do a good job at bringing them in. Thanks
If you find one for a real-world price we all would like to know where you found it . All I have found
were outrageous in price .

Reactions: ajr
A while back I did design and 3D print a mounting bracket and leg extenders to add on a thermal camera, with gimbal. Technically it did work, but the camera and gimbal I wanted to use were just a bit too heavy. It did fly, but the flight time was dramatically reduced and I didn't feel it was as stable as I wanted. However, if you had a lesser, lighter thermal camera, and maybe didn't use a gimbal, or a lighter gimbal (since the camera would be lighter), it may fly better.

I also had a video transmitter and receiver for the other controller I used to control the camera and gimbal. So again, if you went a little more spartan, you wouldn't need as much extra gear on there.

This was on a P4A.

Andy

suas.com has solutions for the Phantom.

But, a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced or Autel Evo 2 640T offer very high resolution in a streamlined, integrated package for just under $7,000.
The Mavic 2EA also comes with complimentary Enterprise Shield replacement.

Very true. In my case, I already had an expensive thermal camera and also didn't want to get a very expensive new drone. I opted for a Yuneec H520E hexacopter for less than half that, and have the camera mounted on it. Working fine.

The mounting bracket and legs shown on the suas link are almost exactly like the ones I made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20