Thermal Imagery

Reaction score
Holla858
Could a Thermal Image Camera or mod be done to the Mavic?

Im new to this and not mechanically inclined but fascinated by you folks and your stories and thoughts.

Thanks in advance...

The Mavic camera is not detachable, so there would be no way to attach such a camera. You could do that with an Inspire 1, but it'll cost you about $13K.

Just a novice... more for fun.. thanks for reply.. i have a P2V+. Maybe i tinker with that

This one, unveiled this week will be much cheaper than 13k, I believe it'll be less than $4k plus an uplift for the thermal camera...

This one, unveiled this week will be much cheaper than 13k, I believe it'll be less than $4k plus an uplift for the thermal camera...

Thanks.... i can see this hobby will be more expensive than my scuba trips...

Reactions: Bibs
You can buy thermal camera modules for mobile phones and then duct tape the phone to the drone. Or make a 3d printed mount. I prefer duct tape. Plenty of info out there about it. Dr google will help

Sent from my SM-G900I using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thermal Expert Q1 connected to a C.H.I.P SBC and USB shared over WiFi, standalone package weighing about 100gr.

Obviously has the drawback of Wi-Fi's short range and risk of interference with the aircraft's controller but could be enough for some purposes. The Mavic probably isn't the most appropriate platform to put that on though.

2016-08-03 00.13.43.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4