There will be no P4

Reaction score
But Maybe a P5... My brother pointed out that the number 4 is considered an unlucky number in the Chinese culture.

"In the eyes of the Chinese, 4 is generally disliked by people just as 13 is in the western world. This is because Four is pronounced Si in Chinese, the same as 死 (death). Therefore, many buildings, especially hotels do not set the fourth, fourteenth and twenty-fourth floors and other floors with 4. When choosing the telephone numbers and the vehicle identification numbers, many people would avoid number 4." ~ Wiki

Just a thought... =0)

P4 or P5, I'm looking forward to the next Phantom version.

Now it make sense why P3P drops out of the sky. It has a 4K camera... (death K)

That's easily remedied. The consumer is used to hearing "4K" on everything from TVs to smartphones and cameras. But they record/display in 3840x2160 resolution which technically is classified as UHD. True 4K is 4096x2160. :) Call it U or UHD instead and no more superstitious 4 numbering. ;)

But Maybe a P5... My brother pointed out that the number 4 is considered an unlucky number in the Chinese culture.

"In the eyes of the Chinese, 4 is generally disliked by people just as 13 is in the western world. This is because Four is pronounced Si in Chinese, the same as 死 (death). Therefore, many buildings, especially hotels do not set the fourth, fourteenth and twenty-fourth floors and other floors with 4. When choosing the telephone numbers and the vehicle identification numbers, many people would avoid number 4." ~ Wiki

Just a thought... =0)

The P4 is already on DJI's website.

S

When I lived in Shanghai, I'd press 29 on the elevator to get to my apartment which was #2903. In reality, I was on the 25th floor because there was no 4th, 13th, 14th, or 24th floors.

Ironically, I lived in a 4 Seasons apartment.

Ha ha, oh well... P4 it is.... although nothing on this version of the 4 I want/need.... so I will be waiting for the P5!

Just a thought... =0)

I guess you were very wrong!

Looks short and fat, like has a intestinal gas problem. Maybe was designed by N. Korea leader in his image....

I was wrong, I admit. However, for me, there will be no P4. I love the P3P and the new P4 specs don't make a convincing argument to upgrade.

There will be a Phantom 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to that one ...

Just a thought... =0)

The Chinese however do like the number 8. Maybe they will jump to the Phantom 8. Just having fun, but it is true about the number 8.

Just a thought... =0)

IMHO DJI laid a Goose egg. I can no way justify spending that much money when I have a P4A. I would rather spend that money on the Typhoon H with the Intel chip. It has a lot more going for it then theP4

IMHO DJI laid a Goose egg. I can no way justify spending that much money when I have a P4A. I would rather spend that money on the Typhoon H with the Intel chip. It has a lot more going for it then theP4
You may be interested in checking out the Pilots sister site - Yuneec Drone Forum
Lots of good info over there on that bird. ;)

I was wrong, I admit. However, for me, there will be no P4. I love the P3P and the new P4 specs don't make a convincing argument to upgrade.

There will be a Phantom 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to that one ...
The ability to avoid objects alone is a huge step. I don't care what kind of ace pilot a person is, it's just a matter of time before you run into something. Avoidance system may very well prevent this. There will be lots of people nay saying because they already have the 3 and don't want to spend the money.

P4 looks very interesting, but as a new P3A owner I am still learning how this one works. They have a lot of new tech on the P4, and I think that there will be a period of refinement and development. As always, we're the beta testers. Didn't someone say it has machine learning in the software? Then it should get better as the machine learns and as processing speeds increase.

Yuneec and others have great products too, and the Typhoon H with hex rotors, retracting gear and no need for a tablet is very interesting. But until they get a competitor to Lightbridge, I think the DJI's will be more fun to own.

The ability to avoid objects alone is a huge step. I don't care what kind of ace pilot a person is, it's just a matter of time before you run into something. Avoidance system may very well prevent this. There will be lots of people nay saying because they already have the 3 and don't want to spend the money.
I try to fly paranoid and high to avoid the possibility, but I certainly don't nay-say the value of automatic avoidance. I wish I had it. We have a lot of tall trees here and it would be nice to be able to fly comfortably below 120' .

no 5 but an x

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31