The shakes

Reaction score
Had about 10 perfect flights over the past two weeks over the Pennsylvania mountains. Flew over water and out to 970 feet , my personal high. Flew it atti mode for a while and used Home lock. The P3s is amazing. I still get shaky hands at times even though I have insurance. How long before I begin to relax when flying

You become more relaxed once you can feel confident that your settings are good and the drone behaves as it should. However there will always be occasions when you break into a sweat and you start clenching when something pops up and you're not ready for it...
Like pushing the battery trying to break a PB for distance and seeing the battery voltage fall off a cliff.
Like flying with the wind knowing full well that coming back is going to end in tears.
Like trying to get that video/photo out of direct LOS and seeing your control signal disappear and hoping your RTH works as per your settings.
And so it goes....
Having said that, I've crashed and burned planes, helos and gliders over the years and have yet to lose a phantom. Believe me I've tried......

I’ve got 100 plus flights no crashes up to now touch wood and kromar is dead right I still shake now but it’s all the the rush of flying
We love you DJI
Lol just not your customer service

You become more relaxed once you can feel confident that your settings are good and the drone behaves as it should. However there will always be occasions when you break into a sweat and you start clenching when something pops up and you're not ready for it...
Like pushing the battery trying to break a PB for distance and seeing the battery voltage fall off a cliff.
Like flying with the wind knowing full well that coming back is going to end in tears.
Like trying to get that video/photo out of direct LOS and seeing your control signal disappear and hoping your RTH works as per your settings.
And so it goes....
Having said that, I've crashed and burned planes, helos and gliders over the years and have yet to lose a phantom. Believe me I've tried......

That’s good to know not that you crashed a few things lol but The P3s if a pretty stable platform

That’s good to know not that you crashed a few things lol but The P3s if a pretty stable platform
Yes, my first phantom was a PS3 and it is a stable platform, much like the rest of the range and any mishaps I've had along the way have been entirely of my doing. As for my previous sterling efforts with RC gear, the only craft left in the shed is a Blade SR CP that still scares me when I walk past it. I learnt how to fly in atti mode but it turned me into an alcoholic dealing with the frustration....

Reactions: kromar
Had about 10 perfect flights over the past two weeks over the Pennsylvania mountains. Flew over water and out to 970 feet , my personal high. Flew it atti mode for a while and used Home lock. The P3s is amazing. I still get shaky hands at times even though I have insurance. How long before I begin to relax when flying
Coming up on one year now and I continue to stress when that thing can no longer be seen or heard. I thought having DJI Care would solve that. So far, it hasn't. And I only paid $400 for my P3S!

So to answer your question, if you're like me, maybe never?

Lmao I only flown 950 feet and if I glance at the screen then can’t see the drone the shakes start.

Lmao I only flown 950 feet and if I glance at the screen then can’t see the drone the shakes start.
I tend to lose sight of it at 600 feet. I think I may have flown 1200 once and then lost signal.

A couple of things helped me avoid panic:

1) It's easy to get disoriented so master the use of "Home Lock" in the app. If you think you're lost, Home lock will enable you to reel it back in regardless of which direction the AC is facing. Just pull back on the right stick. You can try this anywhere you normally fly or even in the simulator.

2) Check all of your RTH settings and then go try it out. Send it out a couple of hundred feet and trigger RTH. See for yourself how reliable it is. You can also practice cancelling RTH and re-taking control.

I know, it's supposed to fun. But sometimes it's not!

Reactions: kromar
Yep I tried the home lock and it’s comforting to say the least. Tried the RTH and panicked when it started to yaw turn. I thought it was looking for a place to fly away lol. I’m guessing when in RTH it faces you on the return flight

Yep I tried the home lock and it’s comforting to say the least. Tried the RTH and panicked when it started to yaw turn. I thought it was looking for a place to fly away lol. I’m guessing when in RTH it faces you on the return flight
Yup, it turns around till it's facing you then scurries back. Some people will let it land on it's own but others prefer to take back control and resume their flight or land it themselves.

Thanks that’s good to know. Was concerned when it hovered and started turning

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4