The Rules

Reaction score
I just noticed that there was a sticky topic of board rules, which I'm all for. However it seemed that a lot of the text was regarding members doing silly **** just to get a higher post count?? Is there some type of contest I am unaware of, or do you get a promotion? I don't get it! I know that I have on occasion "BUMPED" my post, but it was only due to no one giving feedback and I didn't want my post to go on page 2. And I thing I have done it twice since I joined over a year ago...Who are these "Post Count Whore's"?? I'm retired & have a ton of free time on my hands, but to post simply for the sake of a higher "Post Count" there would have to be 500 long days before I would even have this thought?? And then it would be after I had rewired every appliance in the house & learned 6 languages....Oh well all types out there I guess...

WHat a Minute I think that this post puts me at the 300 count!!! Yipee its Party Time!!

Moose

Moose said:
I don't get it! I know that I have on occasion "BUMPED" my post, but it was only due to no one giving feedback and I didn't want my post to go on page 2.
That's a good example of bumping. It's done to get your post back to the top. Nobody likes when people do it :cool:

If nobody responded, it's likely that you:

- Asked a question that really has no good answer
- Worded your question in a confusing way
- Posted something that people are not interested in
- Posted something in the wrong forum (like this post)
- Posted something that is hard to read (too many font colors, font sizes, etc.)

I'm sure there are people that just post to get a higher post count. Who cares? When I first started getting on forums, I thought a higher post count meant something to their knowledge. Talking a lot doesn't make you smarter. Women for example. Maybe the ones that think that if they don't have a high most count, people will not take them seriously. It means nothing in my opinion. Take me to zero. I dont care.

Moose said:
I just noticed that there was a sticky topic of board rules, which I'm all for. However it seemed that a lot of the text was regarding members doing silly **** just to get a higher post count?? Is there some type of contest I am unaware of, or do you get a promotion? I don't get it! I know that I have on occasion "BUMPED" my post, but it was only due to no one giving feedback and I didn't want my post to go on page 2. And I thing I have done it twice since I joined over a year ago...Who are these "Post Count Whore's"?? I'm retired & have a ton of free time on my hands, but to post simply for the sake of a higher "Post Count" there would have to be 500 long days before I would even have this thought?? And then it would be after I had rewired every appliance in the house & learned 6 languages....Oh well all types out there I guess...

WHat a Minute I think that this post puts me at the 300 count!!! Yipee its Party Time!!

Moose
:D
We're clearly non-compliant.

I for one, hate silly rules posted retroactive, subject to change without notice, ect.

I'm trying to be friendly :shock: and follow the rules. ;)

MHL

Hey guys. Sorry I hadn't replied earlier. I have been on vacation with limited Internet connection.

Moose, it's nice to see you on here. It's Jacob. Remember we flew in bend wood once and you let me borrow your Phantom once? Anyways, there is a problem on some forums where members try to get on the first page of the members list (when sorted by post count) therefore they post meaningless stuff. I look every day through the "unanswered topics" link and try to respond to as many as possible. We put that stanza in there to give us the jurisdiction to remove members who all of their posts simply say "bump" or random phrases.

These rules were put into place to provide a clear line for users and moderators to avoid confusion and to make this forums a safe and happy place. Please feel free to email/pm me or post here with specific questions.

msinger said:
Moose said:
I don't get it! I know that I have on occasion "BUMPED" my post, but it was only due to no one giving feedback and I didn't want my post to go on page 2.
That's a good example of bumping. It's done to get your post back to the top. Nobody likes when people do it :cool:

If nobody responded, it's likely that you:

- Asked a question that really has no good answer
- Worded your question in a confusing way
- Posted something that people are not interested in
- Posted something in the wrong forum (like this post)
- Posted something that is hard to read (too many font colors, font sizes, etc.)
Sorry but I don't agree about with you about bumping. Sometimes there's a need for it. Sometimes your post gets lost when it's busy and you need to bump it up. If it's buried a couple of pages deep you'll never get a answer. So I think when you say no one likes it that may be just your opinion. Once in awhile I'll bump up a post , usually it helps. But if I don't get a response after a bump I'll forget about it.

Mori55 said:
So I think when you say no one likes it that may be just your opinion
The OPs certainly like it, so you got me there :cool:

bump

Moose,

You will notice in the community guidelines it states that you should not make whole posts using excessive colors. Making a post all blue is an example of this. Please refrain from making your post all 1 color unless its black. You can make words different colors. Thanks.

Jacob said:
Moose,

You will notice in the community guidelines it states that you should not make whole posts using excessive colors. Making a post all blue is an example of this. Please refrain from making your post all 1 color unless its black. You can make words different colors. Thanks.
:?
Sorry, man, that sounded mean. A PM to him might have been more appropriate, especially if he's a friend.

Moose doesn't post too much and it's kind of his trademark.

What's the problem anyway? Memory or colored ink? :lol:

Really , that's kinda petty , worrying about the color of ink. I wonder if this is what we have to look forward to. I agree a pm would of been better. I know rules are rules.

Have to agree with the lads, a pm would have done even though the excessive colours do my head I'm :)

WoW,
It took 3 of you to say that, why didn't you send Jacob a PM?

I'm only back on this forum after a 4 month spell away and I have to say the amount of jackasses seems to have tripled. This page looks like it's going downhill. Are there no Mods anymore? Think I'll be using other pages in future.

Jacob said:
Moose,

LOL....OK I'm a rehabilitated member & going to follow the rules-regarding TEXT COLOR... (which I failed to read regarding the ink color,my bad) I had to laugh due to all the comments some Snarky,some nuetral,some supportive, basically folks personalities coming out in their text....

Moose -however I'm sticking with the colored handle... ;)

Hey guys. Sorry I hadn't replied earlier. I have been on vacation with limited Internet connection.

Moose, it's nice to see you on here. It's Jacob. Remember we flew in bend wood once and you let me borrow your Phantom once? Anyways, there is a problem on some forums where members try to get on the first page of the members list (when sorted by post count) therefore they post meaningless stuff. I look every day through the "unanswered topics" link and try to respond to as many as possible. We put that stanza in there to give us the jurisdiction to remove members who all of their posts simply say "bump" or random phrases.

These rules were put into place to provide a clear line for users and moderators to avoid confusion and to make this forums a safe and happy place. Please feel free to email/pm me or post here with specific questions.

Come on Jacob I'm not senile! ;-) LOL of course I know who you are. You've only been to my house 3-4 times , been to your house.... Anyway I just got back from a 7 state 5000 mile trip in a RV checking out sites from West Texas- west to Az - then up to Yellowstone park then back south through Co. Got to get an Excellent Inspire film of the Giant Meteor Crater ! Covert as hell, very fun. I will post it on here soon.
Glad to see your taking care of the site. I do like it now, it's much improved!
Peace,
Moose
25f602d26c708b45ef2d60791dcd1bcc.jpg

This is a place every 50+ yr old should recognize! Was in the film from 1977
"STRANGE ENCOUNTERS OF THE 3rd KIND"
Check the sign they had posted at the gate!
a3ffcb43b1bd3469350469285f37b1ee.jpg

It was the only sign I found throughout my entire trip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20