The real truth you never heard about

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_yUVicqmk#t=182

You may recall the incident in Ohio where a reporter was arrested for failure to comply with an officer's request to land his aircraft because a real helicopter was going to enter the area?

Uh well. Maybe the media twisted the story to make the drone pilot look bad.
This is what really happened. The drone pilot was arrested because he dared to talk back to the cop.
The drone was on the ground well before the care flight helicopter was even in the area.
So how was it interfering?

Since the drone pilot was on private property, the only real charge that could possibly happen is trespassing and that would have had to have been by the property owner.

Suwaneeguy said:

You may recall the incident in Ohio where a reporter was arrested for failure to comply with an officer's request to land his aircraft because a real helicopter was going to enter the area?

This is what really happened. The drone pilot was arrested because he dared to talk back to the cop.
The drone was on the ground well before the care flight helicopter was even in the area.

Since the drone pilot was on private property, the only real charge that could possibly happen is trespassing and that would have had to have been by the property owner.

I think the real lesson here is - why talk back to the cop? Just land the drone... have a respectful conversation - and then probably everything would have been fine. My experience has been if you're respectful, they are in return.

Buckaye said:
Suwaneeguy said:

I think the real lesson here is - why talk back to the cop? Just land the drone... have a respectful conversation - and then probably everything would have been fine. My experience has been if you're respectful, they are in return.

Yup, +1

Buckaye said:
Suwaneeguy said:

It's not always easy to have a respectful conversation with a cop, unfortunately. :shock:

gunslinger said:
It's not always easy to have a respectful conversation with a cop, unfortunately. :shock:

I don't know about the rest of you --- but I prefer my hard-earned tax dollars to be spent on cops chasing down murderers, child-abductors and drug kingpins --- not harrassing friendly folks like you and me for flying a 2-pound plastic toy that has about a 0.0001% chance of hurting anyone :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik