The pro and cons of buying a p4

Reaction score
I have done horrible things to my p 3s. I've done over 80 flights with it and feel I'm ready to move up. Lol I was going to get a p3se. My wife said, " No! " She said, get something with obstacle avoidance. Does the obstacle avoidance work well? Do you use it? What are the pros and cons? What kind of learning curve is there compared to my doing about everything you can do with a p3s? Are there any unique precarity I need to take note. How is the still photography with p4.

I'm looking to buy by Monday. I don't want to miss the fall colors.

As long as you have good lighting conditions obstacle avoidance works well. I rarely fly in situations where I need it, but it's neat. 99% of the time I have it off. Remember, it's forward only.

I have a P3S and a P4, there is little difference in flight characteristics. I think the P4 takes great pictures, but I'm not a professional by any means. Overall, the P4 was a great upgrade, well worth it in my opinion. My P3S sits on a shelf, the P4 is much more refined.

If you need more avoidance from the back and sides as well go for the P4P. I had a mishap with my Mavic backing into a tree I thought I was clear of... Rear sensors would have been handy then. I love the P4P

Reactions: chris01376
I have done horrible things to my p 3s. I've done over 80 flights with it and feel I'm ready to move up. Lol I was going to get a p3se. My wife said, " No! " She said, get something with obstacle avoidance. Does the obstacle avoidance work well? Do you use it? What are the pros and cons? What kind of learning curve is there compared to my doing about everything you can do with a p3s? Are there any unique precarity I need to take note. How is the still photography with p4.

I'm looking to buy by Monday. I don't want to miss the fall colors.
The phantom 4 is a great upgrade, I do not own one but the only problem will be with warranty... DJI only offer 6 months of warranty. If the shell get damaged by cracks for example. Warranty does not apply. Just keep in mind these cons and if you are ok with it, you will be happy. Here is a link that tells you what parts have warranty: DJI Warranty Period of Main Parts

I don't have a P4 but I do have a P3S. From what I have read the P4's camera is not that much better than the ones on the P3 drones. But the P4Ps camera is much better. I don't plan on upgrading for awhile but when I do I would likely look at the P4P or whatever has replaced it. From a photography perspective the P4P seems like a much better upgrade. The main pro being that it has a much better camera. The main con being that it is more expensive - much more than your current P3S.
If photography is your main reason for owning a drone then the P4P or P4A may be a better upgrade. Just my 2 cents!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20