The new Phantom v1.1.1

thats it?! Its basically the same phantom that most everyone has now after the upgrades they have made. I suppose it is good for a first time buyer but not much there for an existing customer to want to run out and get it. They must be working with Apple and trying to find ways to take the same thing and give it the smallest possible tweak and sell it as revolutionary.

discv said:
http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html?email=20131007

Futaba ready! That tells you something.

Anyone got the know how on copying that light sequence. It would make a good sticky.

Watch out: Those lights sequences had changed from Firmware 3.12 and up. (a clear difference is when phantom saves home point, before was 6 GREEN blinks... now are 20 GREEN blinks)

I think my first post is misleading. Sorry.

There are in fact 2 later versions of the Phantom. I got confused when a saw it was fitted with Naza v2.

I now believe that all of these v1.*.*.* are just the last of the Phantom v1, and have no connection with the awaited Phantom v2

Hey discv, you were right...
Phantom ver. 1.1.1 is a NEW ONE that includes NAZA V2, white and black nuts in propellers, Futaba ready receiver and more...
don't be confused by DJI's x.x.x.x notation. Just see the specs included !

jumanoc said:
Hey discv, you were right...
Phantom ver. 1.1.1 is a NEW ONE that includes NAZA V2, white and black nuts in propellers, Futaba ready receiver and more...
don't be confused by DJI's x.x.x.x notation. Just see the specs included !
Now I'm really confused :?

Are we saying that v.1.2.0, then v.1.2.1, are older versions with Naza v1

I just picked my Phantom up on Saturday and the label says V1.3. It has 2 antennas, centering throttle, silver and black prop nuts, and what appears to be Naza V1.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Actually, it's a bit confusing, but it goes something like this:

1.0: Silver prop nuts (all spin one direction), unsprung throttle on tx
1.1: Silver prop nuts, sprung throttle on tx
1.2: cw/ccw prop nuts, sprung throttle on tx
1.1.1: Naza-M v2, 2-antenna, self-locking props with spare prop nuts, gimbal tilt lever.

http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html?email=20131007

dji-phantom-v111-big2.jpg

That's kinda sexy! I like it. I'm surprised DJI would release this so close to the V2 and Vision models. Strange.

Those props look cool, but I think the nut is integrated. How would one balance those?

Another thing, why make all those improvements and not slim down the camera cradle to better fit the Hero 3?

The Don said:
That's kinda sexy! I like it. I'm surprised DJI would release this so close to the V2 and Vision models. Strange.

Those props look cool, but I think the nut is integrated. How would one balance those?

Another thing, why make all those improvements and not slim down the camera cradle to better fit the Hero 3?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think this might be V2 of the phantom. I just ordered those props for my phantom. I'm told they come balanced.

Ksc said:
Maybe I'm wrong but I think this might be V2 of the phantom. I just ordered those props for my phantom. I'm told they come balanced.
I doubt it. The V2 should have a 5.8GHz transmitter like the Vision to avoid conflicting with wifi, as well as other upgrades that the Vision has, like longer flight time.

Let me know how those props work out for you. I'm curious about how well balanced they are.

The Don said:
The V2 should have a 5.8GHz transmitter like the Vision to avoid conflicting with wifi, as well as other upgrades that the Vision has, like longer flight time.

I def agree that the new Phantom will definitely have many of the same features as the Vision, it simply HAS to.

I think we might have to wait and see about the Tx they go with, as I think they might have good reason to stick with the status quo . people wanting to buy FPV gear will be skewed,, unless they switch to 3rd party Tx's that are 2.4ghz
it could be a big mess.

For what it is worth- my conclusion to this version business.

I think that DJI has pulled their dealers pants down. By messing around with the version sequence, DJI have convinced the resellers they are ALL getting the latest model. In fact they are getting a varied assortment of the last of the Phantom 1 bits.
With the exception of their Chinese dealers who are getting V1.1.1 that is fitted with Naza 2. And even that is no advantage to most average fliers.

To newbies I would say this. Don't worry about it. Buy in at these really good prices now.
The differences in spec. will not affect the fun you will have, e.g. do you really care which way you have to turn the prop to tighten it?

The Phantom 2 due out in November will be a lot more money, and I wager will have a new set of teething issues

not to hijack this topic discv, but do you think that we will see a drop in the zenmuse price? Its my understanding that they dropped the price on the phantom due to Blade's 350QX price point (which is 70% as good as the phantom but is selling better than the phantom due to the Blade name). I'd like to see Blade come out with a brushless gimbal that forces DJI to get real on their zenmuse. Technically it seems like they are already dropping their zenmuse price because they bundle it with the Naza V2 for $699 but its hard to tell if they dropped the zenmuse price or the naza price since its a bundle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen