The new Phantom Transmitter - does not blink/beep?

Reaction score
Hello,

I just received my first Phantom, with the updated features:
- Self tightening props
- Transmitter with extra lever for gimbal control

However there were two issues that I'd like to address:
1) There were no nuts for aftermarket props included in the package. I've seen that others have received the nuts, but I didn't. I don't know if this means that this is changed for everyone or if I just didn't get everyting I should

2) The radio doesn't behave like I expected. When I power up, the led lights up, steady red. Doesn't matter where I position the throttle, it doesn't make a beep and just stays lit. No problems, though, it communicates nicely with the phantom, so thats no problem. I need to throttle down to power up motors.
But this concerns me regarding battery status. Does this seemingly updated, silent, transmitter inform me when I'm running out of juice? How will I know when to change batteries? Even my cheapo WL Toys 959 has a separate battery indicator in the TX, not the phantom tx..

I tried removing one of the AA-batteries from the hatch and short-circuiting that, to simulate lower battery status (That would lead supply voltage being around 3x1,5 = 4,5V). No effect, the led stays bright red and no beep.

Thanks for you advice.

Mbnl1aFl.jpg

zICoqAnl.jpg

Hey Eric I can also confirm this. I just got mine as well. No beeping, no extra nuts in the package.

Great, thanks for your responses.
I've ordered separate nuts from ebay (to be able to use 3rd party carbon props), and I'll test the calibration to check that the beeper works. Anyway, if the batteries would fail, there's always the failsafe..

Thanks again.

I have two version 1.1.1 Phantoms, one purchased in early Oct, the latest one, just last week.
The first Phantom came with the prop nuts, but not rubber feet pads.
The second Phantom came with rubber feet pads but no prop nuts.
Steady red Tx light, no beeps except when calibrating. I fly almost everyday, so for peace of mind, I plan to change the Tx batteries once a month (cheap insurance).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers