The new P4k

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about it and the price?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would skip and go for the pro version. Is a P3 with 4K it has the same controller as the standard. No Lightbridge. I think Adv model has better deal, which is 799.99 now . I should waited, I got standard few weeks ago. arrgh!

What is the light bridge? Sorry I'm new to this

What is the light bridge? Sorry I'm new to this
Lightbridge is DJI's own technology for transmitting the control signal and video together.
It gives 5 times the range and a much clearer live view and positive control than the old-fashioned wifi everything else uses.
The P3 Adv, P3 Pro and the Inspire use Lightbridge.

So what is the P4k use?

The P34K & P3 Standard use a dual-band setup. 5.8 Ghz for control & 2.4 Ghz for video & telemetry feedback. DJI states the range as 1200m for the P34K & 1000m for the P3 Standard. The P34K also adds the Vision Positioning System module & an updated controller that provides all of the functions & (externally) looks almost identical to the controller of the P3 Pro & Advanced.

In comparison the P3 Pro & Advanced use 2.4 Ghz Lightbridge for control, telemetry, & the HD video link with a range listed as 5000m. That's about 5x the range of the P34K & P3 Standard.

So what is the P4k use?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the pro is worth it? Main advantage I can see is range now. I wonder if they will have a sale on them. It's possible they over produced the others.

I would skip and go for the pro version. Is a P3 with 4K it has the same controller as the standard. No Lightbridge. I think Adv model has better deal, which is 799.99 now . I should waited, I got standard few weeks ago. arrgh!

I'm wondering if the pro is worth it? Main advantage I can see is range now. I wonder if they will have a sale on them. It's possible they over produced the others.
If you don't have a 4K TV or monitor (and a fast computer to edit the video), then I would say no. However, if you purchase a Standard or 4K and you end up going less than a 1/4 mile and you get video or signal disconnect, it can be disappointing really fast.
The P3A is the best bargain going now, IMHO. Also, the other advantage of the pro/adv over the P3S/4K is app support, and other stuff like hard cases.

Reactions: joeb1999
I noticed is has range of 1200meters and the live fpv is 480p and not 720p as with the standard so that's how they get the extra range. Now if they would make that an option lol

Reactions: RadRich
If anyone runs into P3-4K controller internal pictures... please post !!!

--------------------------------------

I am so close to turning on advertisement and sales for the REDbird Repeater Device.
Qty 50 of them first for the P2V+ are in the final stages of production now.

Compatibility List:
  1. P3-4K: need to verify compatibility
  2. P3S: verified compatibility. just now released to production
  3. P2V+: in final production now
  4. P2V: " "
  5. FC40: " "

If anyone runs into P3-4K controller internal pictures... please post !!!

--------------------------------------

I am so close to turning on advertisement and sales for the REDbird Repeater Device.
Qty 50 of them first for the P2V+ are in the final stages of production now.

Compatibility List:
  1. P3-4K: need to verify compatibility
  2. P3S: verified compatibility. just now released to production
  3. P2V+: in final production now
  4. P2V: " "
  5. FC40: " "
I'm not seeing the P3a or P3p in that compatibility list. Are u going to make something for light bridge?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic