The New Flytrex Sky "The world's first cloud connected drone"

Wow did not expect this from Flytrex! Here's Simon Newton's take on it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome,

Lot's of 'disruptive' tech. to come!!!

However as an r/c pilot first, I have no interest in all the autonomy to the point of eliminating my 'job' of flying my models.

Reactions: dirkclod
Shirley they can't be serious.

Yeah, I can't see any issues with this at all.

Hi guys! :)

The delivery use case is one proof-of-concept that shows some of the things and technologies that can be done using the Sky that aren't possible with other quad copters in the market today. For example, the ability to control the Sky by two different persons in different stages of the flight.

Based on the feedback we received from many of you guys we are now refining our message on the site a bit since we feel we failed a bit to explain what the Sky is really all about -- the first internet connected drone that offers flight experience both on 3G/via Internet and traditional rx/tx.

We received several emails from users asking us about security concerns and we'd like to emphasize that we actually see the direction of an internet connected drone as much safer from all other traditional drones available today. Having the additional internet connection guarantees live tracking in the event of a crises, much like with our Live 3G systems, however, since the Sky now offers two-way communication, it opens possibilities for smarter and safer use cases. For example, the ability to automatically identify trouble during flight and have the server automatically help recover the Sky and return it to the pilot.

Servers are usually much smarter and have the ability to continuously learn and we definitely believe we can bring this kind of technology to the Sky. Since the Sky is internet connected it will also continue to get smarter on a regular basis with new features added to the flight experience.

Of course I will be glad to answer any questions you might have or concerns about security etc. :)

Thanks guys for the feedback!

I'm in. preordered today after a short discussion with Amit. I have faith in these guys.
My Flytrex Live has done everything I've needed it to do and more and when I did have an issue it was fixed within a day.
I'm excited.

Reactions: nhoover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers