The new 4K really reduced the value of my P3A to well.......

Reaction score
I haven't really noticed what happened.....I saw the 4K, did not look deeper into that as I never expected a company to do this to existing customers. It is really only today that I took the time to read the DJI homepage that I understood the full impact......

Well thank you DJI my P3A just reduced to something inbetween your P3 Standard at 649$ and the 4K thingy at 899$....wow, I paid P3A + case + extra batt 1349$ in Nov 2015.

I bought a crashed P3A and are just ready to sell it again repaired and will definitely loose to the tune of 150 - 200$

Well I was thinking about this for some time already........Blade Chroma you could be my new friend in the future.....

Siegfried

... you realize that
a) you overpaid for your P3A
b) the 4K is actually a mediocre product, with lower stream quality (480p) and no Lightbridge (basically a Standard with VPS and 4K).

Reactions: Adil J
+1

Its even worse if you are an earlier adopter. Think of those that bought theirs when it first came out. Having been in the R/C field dozens of years, when I buy something R/C related I never look back. Its money spent like a going to a movie or amusement park. I never look at an R/C purchase (electronics as well) with the thought of how much money am I losing... I know if I go to sell it even a few months down the road with no "bigger, better, X" coming out, I'm loosing my shirt.

Welcome to the world of high tech electronics....

Reactions: rcfanatics
I haven't really noticed what happened.....I saw the 4K, did not look deeper into that as I never expected a company to do this to existing customers. It is really only today that I took the time to read the DJI homepage that I understood the full impact......

Well thank you DJI my P3A just reduced to something inbetween your P3 Standard at 649$ and the 4K thingy at 899$....wow, I paid P3A + case + extra batt 1349$ in Nov 2015.

I bought a crashed P3A and are just ready to sell it again repaired and will definitely loose to the tune of 150 - 200$

Well I was thinking about this for some time already........Blade Chroma you could be my new friend in the future.....

Siegfried

go to B&H site search used dept for drones

find Chroma units cut rate as well.

ALL prices have come down on these things.

what difference does it make on the "value" unless your a reseller. you buy and fly it!

You have not read well on the specs,, the P3A still is superior by far to p3 4K
digital Lightbridge vs analog wifi

good luck and have fun flying

Reactions: ARAerial
Your P3A is worthless. Welcome to Moore's Law. Tech companies have been undercutting their own product with better and cheaper updates since Hewlett Packard introduce the LaserJet III in the early 1990s.

923200851252PM173HP%20laserjet%203.jpg

As the other folks have said, all electronic, computer, telephone, television, and other companies have done the same thing for decades. And they have a perfect right to.

Caveat emptor. "Let the buyer beware". No one is cheating anyone. You pay the going price on the day you buy a product.

That aside, the P3A is still a fantastic copter. With a couple of minor exceptions, it is the P3P with a 2.7K camera. It has a better RC and connection than the other models.

Tomorrow, another company might come up with something even better at 1/4 the price. So what?

I'd still pay 999 dollars for the Advanced rather than 899 dollars for the 4K model. Lightbridge is so superior!

Reactions: ARAerial
I think he meant analog antennae/connections?

Reactions: candubob
I never considered electronics a good investment. They are always getting a new model which will antiquate the old ones. Phones, computers, cameras, no difference. Buy them and enjoy them while they are serving their purpose.

I paid exactly the same for my P2V+ when it was new as I did for the P3P when it was new. They are both used now, and hold little value except to me.
image.jpeg

I love them, and hug them, they're all mine!;)

]0
Analog wifi? Am I missing something?

the p3a nd p3pro use digital com link from rc to quad, more secure, more range, cleaner signal etc.

the p3s and p3 4K use regular anaolog home wifi to communicate between the RC and quad.
subject to far more interference and way less range etc..

No matter they are all pretty dam awesome I have a pro and standard both.
I needed to order another battery for the pro
I found a like new used standard for 399 at B&H ,
so I figured 150 for battery and 250 for a spare quad!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4