The iOSD Mini mounted internally, why?

Reaction score
I have see a lot of people talking about mounting the iOSD Mini mounted internally. But why does people do that?
Don´t you need the USB conection since it´s mounted?

The only use I could find for the USB on the iOSD mini was a once off, to adjust the data so it fits on my screen on the left and right. Maybe other members will also chime in.

Pacific Barbarian said:
The only use I could find for the USB on the iOSD mini was a once off, to adjust the data so it fits on my screen on the left and right. Maybe other members will also chime in.

+1

I guess if they come out with an update adding another feature or display, it wouldn't take more than a few minutes to pop it back open. Regardless, once you adjust the display, you don't really need to access the usb. Besides, it's a cleaner set up having it tucked inside.

+1 for inside mounting, way cleaner and safer. I also moved the canbus port from the skid to inside.

AerialCinemaGuy said:
+1 for inside mounting, way cleaner and safer. I also moved the canbus port from the skid to inside.

Same here. That said - I wish there was a short canbus cable option for the iOSD mini. I dislike excess cable - everything cut to length where possible. Guess that comes from wiring network racks in my job.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj