The gimbal needs to be repaired

Reaction score
The gimbal on my P2V+ seems to be broken, does anyone have any info ( such as an assembly diagram ) that I can use to try to fix it? I think it was damaged in a crash from around 8ft. But it could have arrived like it from dji. No way of proving it, so I will try to fix it as I don't want to wait for it to travel to China and back. If they could fix it in LA I might try that but would prefer to handle it myself.

If the ribbon cable or gimbal motor shafts is damaged in any way you are SOL.
You will have to get replacement parts.

This unit is so new there isn't too many repair options other than buying a new gimbal off of ebay. ( kinda sketchy)
And pray that it has the QR code for that camera to bind it to the wifi extender.

From what I hear DJI is not accepting new repairs until june they are so back logged at the moment.

Sorry
you are one of the many to have this issue.
The Plus gimble-camrea is so fragile.

My P2V+ is a week old and I took it out yesterday on just its 4th flight, did everything by the book, no wind. It took off and hadn't been in the air 45sec & something failed (A motor failed), tumbled over and over and fell out of the sky like a brick.... You can see by the pictures it will be out of commission for a while...
Contacted DJI & they blamed pilot error (yeah right) but as they cannot confirm if motor failed in flight or as a result of the crash, I'm screwed.
There are NO replacement parts available at the moment & they could not tell me if or when they might be. But they did say a new gimbal/camera would be around $800!?

Attachments

• 20140518_110002.jpg
    20140518_110002.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 20140518_105030.jpg
    20140518_105030.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 537
Phantom_Menace66 said:
My P2V+ is a week old and I took it out yesterday on just its 4th flight, did everything by the book, no wind. It took off and hadn't been in the air 45sec & something failed (A motor failed), tumbled over and over and fell out of the sky like a brick.... You can see by the pictures it will be out of commission for a while...
Contacted DJI & they blamed pilot error (yeah right) but as they cannot confirm if motor failed in flight or as a result of the crash, I'm screwed.
There are NO replacement parts available at the moment & they could not tell me if or when they might be. But they did say a new gimbal/camera would be around $800!?

Unusual for a new motor to just completely fail. Sure you didnt accidentally hit a CSC mode by accident?

As an aside, if someone with electronics expertise and a 3D printer could make a batch of replacement camera/gimbal arms and fix ribbon cables, they would have one HECK of a vision + camera repair service that could make a FORTUNE. I'd imagine charging $200 per repair right now would get a landslide of business

phantomguy said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:

Unusual for a new motor to just completely fail. Sure you didnt accidentally hit a CSC mode by accident?

As an aside, if someone with electronics expertise and a 3D printer could make a batch of replacement camera/gimbal arms and fix ribbon cables, they would have one HECK of a vision + camera repair service that could make a FORTUNE. I'd imagine charging $200 per repair right now would get a landslide of business

Definately didn't go into CSC mode, it was only in the air 40-45sec both sticks forward climbing and moving forward. No trees, power lines nothing. When I got it home, took what was left of the gimbal off, props off etc, fired it up and only 3 motors working.

Phantom_Menace66 said:

I'd bring it back to selling dealer for a replacement & let them deal with return to DJI. DJI is taking 98% of dealer returns w/no questions asked. Including questionable batteries, motors & gimbals.

This is the exact reason DJI answers customers' warranty requests with patented "return to dealer" answer. The dealers are DJI's "eyes in the field" (similar to car dealers) and lets the dealer make the call if it's a warranty issue or not because each dealer can handle a smaller amount of inspections vs all sold Phantoms waiting inline at DJI for a decision. ( most dealers will warranty as not to lose the sale or have to refund)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj