The FAA Will Not Let You Fly Commercial W/O A Pilot Certificate

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

To save time and the repeated questions about the 333 exemption. This will likely change when the rules are finalized in 2016/2017 but don't waste your and the FAA's time writing for an exemption to this requirement.
Anyone really believes after issuing 1,200 333 exemptions, everyone requiring a pilot certificate to fly, the Feds are going to go back?

I know you think this is stupid, so do I but it is what it is, don't waste your time bitching about it. I would suggest you enroll in one of the many online ground schools, or at least get a copy of the Pilot Aeronautical Knowledge Handbook, I think that's what it's called. It will prepare you for the expected written test to get your UAV operator rating whenever the FAA gets off their butt.

Wait what? So they won't issue a 333 unless you already have an Airmans Certificate?

Have you been drinking?

Yeah I just read that other thread, that's really confusing.

You can apply and receive a 333 exemption without actually holding a Pilots license. But the exemption is useless unless the actual PIC has a Pilots License. Right?

So Joe Blow can get the exemption, and hire an actual licensed pilot to fly for him while he spots and directs.

There was some serious misinformation in that last thread, very confusing.

This will likely change when the rules are finalized in 2016/2017 but don't waste your and the FAA's time writing for an exemption to this requirement.
This will likely never change. The new proposed rules include the creation of a new pilot license. The difference is that you can take a written test to obtain it -- rather than fly a manned aircraft.

You can apply and receive a 333 exemption without actually holding a Pilots license. But the exemption is useless unless the actual PIC has a Pilots License. Right?
Right.

This will likely never change. The new proposed rules include the creation of a new pilot license. The difference is that you can take a written test to obtain it -- rather than fly a manned aircraft.
Ain't that what I just said?

Ain't that what I just said?
You said "The FAA Will Not Let You Fly Commercial W/O A Pilot Certificate" and "This will likely change". So, no, that is not what you said. The FAA is always going to require a pilot license. They have the authority to exempt people from having a pilot license, but are choosing not to do so for unknown reasons.

Wait what? So they won't issue a 333 unless you already have an Airmans Certificate?

Have you been drinking?
So they won't issue a 333 unless you already have an Airmans Certificate? NO, they'll give a 333 to just about anybody once you meet the requirements, BUT you must have a pilot license to fly the UAV.

You said "The FAA Will Not Let You Fly Commercial W/O A Pilot Certificate" and "This will likely change". So, no, that is not what you said. The FAA is always going to require a pilot license (DUH REALLY?). They have the authority to exempt people from having a pilot license, but are choosing not to do so for unknown reasons." NO unknown reasons, they want everyone to know the rules of the road before flying
OK, I suppose we're going to play word games. You know what I meant. It meant currently you cannot fly commercially w/o a license but when the new rules come out there WILL be a new UAV license category. BETTER?

Actually, I had no idea what you meant. I was simply clarifying so nobody else is confused.

Reactions: JKDSensei and snerd
105.gif

Everybody calm their tits. Ya'll bicker and ***** a lot on this forum.

So let's recap.:

Anyone can apply for and receive an FAA Section 333 Exemption. But unless you have a licensed pilot holding at least a Sports Pilot Airman's Certificate or above to fly your sUAV during commercial operations, while also providing a copy of the 333 Exemption, you are operating illegally and can receive a fine from the guberment.

All of this will most likely, and should, change in a year or two when the FAA has completed it's rule 107 whatever and created a course for sUAV pilots to receive a license or "certificate" without actually having to learn to physically fly a manned aircraft.

This will most likely result in the elimination of the 333 Exemption, but I'm sure most people who already have it and a Sports Pilot License will still not need to worry about the sUAV license... Certificate.

Reactions: unclejas
Now, hold up right there, sir. You just moseyed on in here, accused us of bickering, recapped what he recapped, that I recapped, and he then he alleged the recapping was a recap.... ;)

On a more serious note, I would think the FAA would still accept manned pilot licenses in the future. However, in the process the FAA went through to formulate the new rules, they pointed out that manned pilot licenses are not helpful for flying SUAS. So, they might back out on that too. It's the FAA though, so anything is possible. They seem to make up the rules as they go.

When drones are outlawed, only outlaws will have drones. They can have my drone when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Drones don't kill people. Carbon fiber blades kill people.

Reactions: Chris Grazioso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20