The FAA Took My Money

Reaction score
According to the FAA pre-registration hoopla on their website they would charge your credit card for $5 and then almost instantaneously credit the $5 back. I pride myself in being cheaper than Jack Benny (youngsters should Wiki that name) and am still eagerly awaiting the return of my greenbacks. How about you?

According to the FAA pre-registration hoopla on their website they would charge your credit card for $5 and then almost instantaneously credit the $5 back.

almost instantaneously ???
From the FAA UAS registration FAQ
Q2. Updated: Does it cost anything to register?

A. Federal law requires owners to pay $5 to register their aircraft. However, registration is free for the first 30 days to encourage speedy registration of UAS. During the first 30 days, you must pay $5 with a credit card, a pre-paid credit card or a debit card from a major bank. A $5 credit will appear 5-10 days afterwards.

Oh come on, the feds need the money more than you do.

It isn't easy supporting 11 carrier battle groups.

Oh come on, the feds need the money more than you do.

It isn't easy supporting 11 carrier battle groups.
I'm donating all my $5 refund back to the government! I just saw a tv commercial with Alyssa Milano showing pictures of poor senators and congressmen and I've decided to give to help feed them. Just for the cost of a cup of coffee per day.

Is $ 5.00 really going to kill us ? I spend that daily on crap i dont need and to think it covers me for 3 years ? Cheapest $ 5.00 i ever spent for something for 3 years. If it gets redeposited great if not oh well.

Reactions: stulpin300m
You bought an expensive drone, but you're cheap? First post. Had to create an account after this OP.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I registered within the first 3 hrs they were open. My $5 "purchase" showed up the following day. No refund yet...

Is $ 5.00 really going to kill us ? I spend that daily on crap i dont need and to think it covers me for 3 years ? Cheapest $ 5.00 i ever spent for something for 3 years. If it gets redeposited great if not oh well.

Send me five bucks and I will let you know what I bought with it.

I didn't even check if the money had been refunded, I'm not rich but wouldn't notice if $5 was or was not deposited to my account. Put another way, time is money and if it takes me more than three minutes to check for the $5 deposit I've lost more than $5 based on my hourly wage.

I will regester on the last day. Probably worth 5 bucks to wait to see if the FAA gets an injunction filed against the registration process. Maybe I won't have to register and save 5 bucks and my anonymity?

Reactions: johnp44
I am sure as soon as they get the national debt paid off we will get our refunds, You have to do these things in order

wow, what a bunch of crudes... "its only 5$ are you that cheap"... really? . . the site says NO CHARGE we will refund you.. doesn't matter if its 50 cents or 10$, doesnt mean they get to keep it... whats wrong with you people do you just follow these forums to post retarded responses to peoples posts?

Reactions: JKDSensei
With thousands of refunds they have to go through I doubt you'll see it in 5-10 days. Checking your statements should reflect the refund when they get to yours.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic