The easiest way to trick out your P3?

Reaction score
I might be wrong but it seems to me the easiest way to get that great paint job or look is to
Buy an extra P3 she'll do the mods and get it just right and take your time then transfer the internals from the old shell to to the new one. Landing gear to paint the new ones and swap over.
Have any of you went thst rout ?

To say that paint caused a crash is just silly. People crash all the time regardless of paint, sticker or plain. Just paint it if that's what you want. There is a P3 mod thread on here

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JoBe
To say that paint caused a crash is just silly. People crash all the time regardless of paint, sticker or plain. Just paint it if that's what you want. There is a P3 mod thread on here

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I think the reason the spray paint caused the crash (so they said) is maybe it got inside? (No really a crash but the phantom did stop working right) I'm not saying that I believe that it did cause it I'm just saying it just so they won't loose there phantom.

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You need to use specific paint that does not impact signal profile. We have to paint our access points (I am in IT) and regular spray paint can drop an access point by a significant amount of db.

It's possible an extreme metallic flake job may attenuate some signals but of all the painted quads displayed and discussed here for the last few years no paint related issues have surfaced.

Certain paints contain conductive properties that can diminish the RF performance. They are not all metallic in appearance. The trick is evaluating the material safety data sheet which will verify the what's in the mix and of course knowing what to avoid.

So far no one has identified any particular paint type that has caused s problem. Stick with those general purpose types for plastics and you'll be fine. Don't over think this.

Certain paints contain conductive properties that can diminish the RF performance. They are not all metallic in appearance. The trick is evaluating the material safety data sheet which will verify the what's in the mix and of course knowing what to avoid.
OTOH, people have tried metallic paint in lieu of actual metal film or regular solid metal for antenna range boosters, and they DIDN'T work, so dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Think about it.

OTOH, people have tried metallic paint in lieu of actual metal film or regular solid metal for antenna range boosters, and they DIDN'T work, so dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Think about it.

I know from first hand experience painting a Cisco access point to match the wall it was mounted on hurt the performance. On a 300 access point deployment recently we got a list of paints that are safe to use as well as materials to avoid in sprays. Keep in mind access points run in the same frequency ranges that the our drones do. 2.4 and 5ghz.

I know from first hand experience painting a Cisco access point to match the wall it was mounted on hurt the performance. On a 300 access point deployment recently we got a list of paints that are safe to use as well as materials to avoid in sprays. Keep in mind access points run in the same frequency ranges that the our drones do. 2.4 and 5ghz.
Thanks. That's good to know, and I am surprised. Hmm must be because it is on a receiver rather than a transmitter. Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers